Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

no spark

8K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Fairmont79 
#1 ·
So, spent the last few days working with the dependant trying to get my lightbar and warn trail lights wired in. At one point while trying to connect a lead to the battery, I had juice going on and off and on again several times trying to get the damn nut to grab. Didnt really think much of it then, but now today I went to start it to give the battery a charge and I have no spark. It cranks very well, even had the charger on it to be sure, cylinders cycle and fuel pump runs to prime when you turn the key on, but when I pull the plugs, ground them, and watch, I have absolutely no spark. Went through the fuses in the fuse box above the battery, are there any other locations I could check?

Thanks

#2 ·
not real sure on the xtz but all my fuses are under the drivers seat,maybe that wire sparking did something to the coil or rectifier.????????????????? for the heck of it try a new set of plugs.

#3 ·
found it, the connection to the gauge cluster was off, every other electric connector on the bike takes 4 screwdrivers and a miracle to get appart, but that one has one tiny little tab holding it on, while having the dash lifted off at an angle to gain access for wiring in switches, I must have stressed it enough to pop the connector off.
What a waste of a night :mad:

#5 ·
great news,,,,,,,at least it didn't cost anything to fix:D

#6 ·
Wiring can be a pain at times, snap on connecters present a challenge at times!

#8 ·
Hey Rob, your sled looks Badass just sitting there!

#9 ·
SO, after all of this, I am still stumped by ACs poor design on this. Here is why, In order to get the cover off the fuse box in the battery location, you need fingers the size of ramen noodles and an extra hand. In order to pop the connectors for the headlights, you need cat-like reflexes and a ninja to drop kick the *%^$ out of it to push it off the lead.

BUT

in order to remove the pin connector for the dash, all you need is a feather to the top side of it to depress the tab and presto, instant pain-in-the-ass-2hours-fighting-no-spark-and-searching-all-over-for-a-tripped-sensor-or-fried-coils.

Bouncing down the trails could cause the same problem, and then you are up trail-head-hill without a motor and no star #25 & #30 to remove the dash to get your hand in there.

Aiyiyi. :mad:

#11 ·
Ya gotta admit they don't vibrate loose! And yes you do need three hands!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.