Battery replacement - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum

Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum

Battery replacement

This is a discussion on Battery replacement within the Arctic Cat Prowler Electrical Discussions forums, part of the The Garage category; I have had enough with the el cheapo dealer installed battery and am in the process of a dual batt
Go Back   Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum > The Garage > Arctic Cat Prowler Electrical Discussions

Arctic Cat Prowler Electrical Discussions Arctic Cat Prowler electrical discussions.
Lighting, audio, GPS, communications, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 06:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
tcb

tcb Is on a distinguished trail
Default Battery replacement

I have had enough with the el cheapo dealer installed battery and am in the process of a dual batt install and while i am at it might as well replace the cranking batt. The service manual says i have to pull the left rear splash panel to remove, is that correct. It looks to me like it would come out through the seat once i remove all the bracket works.
Thanks in advance,
Tim
tcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2010, 06:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Loyal Member

Joes5091 A ride leader

Left rear wheel well
2009 Prowler 700 XTX Walker Evans Shocks,STI Roctane 27/9/14 and 27/11/14 tires,Warn skid plates,Ridgid Ind Prerunner Cage,Home made spare tire carrier,Hids high and low beams,1.5 inch wheel spacers,E Brake Alarm, Rear diff vent mod Etc. NO TURF SAVER!
Joes5091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
tcb

thanks joe, i just figured out that is the easiest way. you still have a good used front for sale.
tim
Old 02-13-2010, 07:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Loyal Member

Joes5091 A ride leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb View Post
thanks joe, i just figured out that is the easiest way. you still have a good used front for sale.
tim
I looks like it will come out from the top but it wont. Your welcome
2009 Prowler 700 XTX Walker Evans Shocks,STI Roctane 27/9/14 and 27/11/14 tires,Warn skid plates,Ridgid Ind Prerunner Cage,Home made spare tire carrier,Hids high and low beams,1.5 inch wheel spacers,E Brake Alarm, Rear diff vent mod Etc. NO TURF SAVER!
Joes5091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Founding Member

Desertcat A ride leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb View Post
I have had enough with the el cheapo dealer installed battery and am in the process of a dual batt install and while i am at it might as well replace the cranking batt. The service manual says i have to pull the left rear splash panel to remove, is that correct. It looks to me like it would come out through the seat once i remove all the bracket works.
Thanks in advance,
Tim

Joe's right it has to come out the fender. I am going to make my own battery box and install a larger CCA battery instead of running more wire and coming up with location to mount a second battery. Just thought I would through that at you.

Seth
Old 02-13-2010, 08:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rides all the time

GTroyer Looked up to

have you purchased your battery yet ??

if not may I suggest you look at an Odyssey for your replacement .. and if you do then be sure to shop around as the price of the same battery will be all over the board .. as much as $70 +/-
look at something like the PC680 [680 amp] a lil bit smaller than factory but MUCH more power.. here is a link for some info for for source again they need to be shopped for price.

Odyssey PC680

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton added here and there
GTroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
tcb

i am picking up an odyssey tomorrow, it will do the cranking and main headlight chores. i am using a wheelchair deep cycle, small and sealed, for the aux lites, radio, and winch duties. the batts are tied together with an isolator so hopefully the system will be as bullet proof as it can be without getting to complicated. and yes it did look like the batt would come through the top until i pulled it all apart. engineers should design it the mechanics should make it happen.
tim
Old 02-13-2010, 09:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Mustanggeek Is on a distinguished trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertcat View Post
Joe's right it has to come out the fender. I am going to make my own battery box and install a larger CCA battery instead of running more wire and coming up with location to mount a second battery. Just thought I would through that at you.

Seth

Seth, do you just want me to make one up for you?
Mustanggeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:55 AM   #9 (permalink)

CCDAMEEK Is on a distinguished trail
Post Battery

I just replaced the battery in my '09 XTZ-1000. I accidently killed the stock battery by leaving a flashlight plugged in for weeks.

I replaced it with an Odessey PC925L I purchased online at Impactbattery.com, and found a 10% off coupon code 'SPRING2010' to use. Free shipping, so final cost to my door was only $146.00. This battery dropped right in with a perfect fit. Only issue is it is a side terminal, so you can either use the elbow attachments purchased seperately, or just hook them up with the battery slightly out of the box as I did.

The sad news is that the battery wasn't my only problem. The Cat is in the shop because the starter bit the dust as well. Luckily I was at the shop visiting when she just wouldn't start again. Dumb & Bad luck all at once.
CCDAMEEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:59 AM   #10 (permalink)

Mustanggeek Is on a distinguished trail

That seems like a great price for the battery. Good find.
Mustanggeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement