09 700 efi on display on dash ??? - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum

Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum

09 700 efi on display on dash ???

This is a discussion on 09 700 efi on display on dash ??? within the Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions forums, part of the The Garage category; `my son filled her up with diesel drained tank filled it up with good gas ran great for 5 or
Go Back   Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum > The Garage > Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions

Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

Sponsored by: Gearhead

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 07:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

johnny pump handle Is on a distinguished trail
Default 09 700 efi on display on dash ???

`my son filled her up with diesel drained tank filled it up with good gas ran great for 5 or so miles then just died i have no fire to the spark plug any ideas what the code means and why she just stopped firing thanks for any and all help and ideas
johnny pump handle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2010, 12:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

rickym2 Is on a distinguished trail

Try a new plug the diesel prob filed the old one
rickym2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

done changed it out? still no fire i figured it was from the code on the dash had the fire shut down?
Old 05-25-2010, 01:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

rickym2 Is on a distinguished trail

have you called a dealer and ask ?
rickym2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

nope i thought i might get some better info on here but thanks for the advice i thought about calling them already then i thought about this great site and all the cool guys here wanting to help each other out i would have never thought to call the dealer thanks
Old 05-26-2010, 10:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

Catmaster Is on a distinguished trail

OK, Here's what you need to do. With the key in the OFF position, remove the seat to access the fuse block. There you will find a 6-pin connector with a rubber cap on it. This is the diagnostic plug. Bend a paperclip as a jumper ( or use a wire ) and insert it into the blu/red and the blk pins. Turn the key on and the speedo will indicate the efi code. Once you get the code, contact the dealer to find out where the problem is. I am guessing that the might be a loose connector causing the system to shut down. If you get two codes and the second one is "99" that means there is no start possible.
Shut the key off and remove the jumper wire / clip. That is your diagnostic lesson for the day.
Post the results and w'ell try to help
cheers
Catmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

thanks man ill give it a try when i get home thats the info i was looking for maybe we can trouble shoot this baby
Old 05-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

ok men i done what you asked andit gave me three codes SC 12, SC 14, SC 21 took it to the dealer said the codes would not keep it from firing so what yall think please help
Old 05-27-2010, 01:20 AM   #9 (permalink)

aksnopro Is on a distinguished trail

make sure your tipover sensor didnt fall off on you it will caus eno spark its under the passanger seat remove the middle panel and look in there, make sure its mounted to the mounting plate if that thing is turned it will shutoff all electronics. happened to my 09 xtx 700 efi
aksnopro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:48 AM   #10 (permalink)

checked it also still in place but can they go bad because when it first started cutting out i was in a curve about 30 mph on a slope not a real bad one but will it reset it self or how dose it work i thought maybe the gas and diesel had split and when i went in the curve it sucked up the diesel but they should mix because truckers mix gas with there fuel in the winter to keep it from jellin up the dealer has no ideas as to why it want fire he keeps telling me the injector is bad and is shutting down the fire i disagree with this any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement