Shooting the breeze... side projects - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Shooting the breeze... side projects

i got to thinking. the whats your temperature thread is pretty interesting and i have found myself coming in daily to check it out and add to it when i can.

so i thought maybe id start another general thread for side stuff. we all have stuff that doesnt pertain to the issues that are running down the recent discussions but we all have other stuff. so maybe this thread will catch on and if not... oh well. so to start off here is my project for today.

i have found out that the older you get, the harder gardening gets. i finally got my rabbit fence down, got it tilled, got the fence back up, and got the tomatoes and cucumbers planted. gotta get the rest done tomorrow. it sure is not fun doing that stuff in 85 degree temps with humidity like we have had. im a swamp right now. i had the pleasure of putting in the air conditioners yesterday in the 95 degree temps. next time i will be listening to my wife and putting them in when she says to. the temps are usually around 60 then.
Retired1 and Fairmont79 like this.

2012 700 Prowler HDX, re-routed intake, LXC cab with heat, HID headlights, tonneau box cover, LED dome lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 04:45 AM
ProwlerTalk Staff Member

Why Not! LOL Cleaning the cars, prepping the trailer, and getting all of the outside chores done. I'm trying to figure out where all of the outdoor crap came from! It multiplies every year. Got my sprinkler system up and running, only had one valve freeze up during the winter! Basement is done, landscape is done, garage door replaced, time to sell!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 06:33 AM
ProwlerTalk Staff Member

Garage
I'm starting the day off with the usual pot of coffee and then heading outside to get some more work on the front porch I added. It's one of those projects that seems to be dragging out, got all the main build done last fall and now have all the slow finish work to do like railing and soffit.

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 09:50 AM

Well, I just got home from work at 0500. Last night was a real dilly whopper at work. Ran my butt off in 90plus temps. Got home, slipped into the pool and just relaxed for 3 beers time. cleaned up and into bed at 0600. Now awake already and heading outside to work on some odd stuff around the house. Just worked 23 of 26 days, swapping shifts. Feeling pretty good because I have 3 days off in the row! WOO HOO!!! I may weld up some new lift kit brackets for the rear of the Prowler, if it rains and I need an inside project.

'09 650XT H1, 72" Eagle Plow, Warn 3500 Winch. Bestop soft cab, soft top, wind buster & cargo cover. Dyna FX CDI box, UNI filters, A/C V-bag and front console, EPI 2" lift kit, Highlifter springs, Scat ProCar suspension seats with heated covers. SteerLite bushings. 28x10 Raceline Bruisers on Vision 158 14X8 rims, on all 4 corners. Cowling heat vents w/fan. Factory heat and defrost. RD Custom's alternator kit. XTZ hood scoop, Monster shock covers, turn signals... for now.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 12:36 PM
Loyal Member

ahhhhh there is something good to be said for RETIREMENT LOL

those days are in the rear view mirror FOR GOOD
Retired1 likes this.

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 05:08 PM
ProwlerTalk Staff Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTroyer View Post
ahhhhh there is something good to be said for RETIREMENT LOL

those days are in the rear view mirror FOR GOOD
Those days were in my rear view mirror also....then the unexpected happened! I'll be looking in that rear view mirror again in a few weeks

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 06:24 PM

I had 2 packs of coyotes still howling an hour after sunrise. I sat upstairs at my shooting window awhile, but I could not see them in the heavy fog we had here. I then did some mowing, then rested, cleaned a gun, then rested, played with the dogs a bit, then rested. Mowed again, then rested. Went to Walmart and the post office (40 mile round trip), came home and had a nap. My wife is at her niece's T-ball game (25 miles away). I am shopping online. I just bought some fire ant killer. I am almost ready for another nap, but I need to stay awake and close up the barn at dark. I wanted to take advantage of the nice weather tonight and cut up some more of the fallen tree limbs still on the ground from our last ice storm, but my wife will not let me do anything dangerous while she is gone. She is a really good cook, so I listen to her desires and try to obey.
Fairmont79 likes this.

Terry
2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 Baja - ITP beadlock wheels, ITP Baja Cross X/D tires, 2" wheel spacers, harness bar, 5 point harnesses, custom doors, 4 Vision X Solo Solstice LED lights, 2 PIAA halogen lights, multiple RAM mounts on roll bar and dash, polished aluminum rear frame brace, inside tube rear frame stiffeners, Mossy Oak camo pattern seats, custom front brush guard, parking brake 'on' alarm, Throttlemaxx controller, Uni pre-filter, and Mobil 1 M/C 10W-40, synthetic, oil with K&N filter.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
i cant wait to see work in my rear view. well maybe i can but it sure sounds nice.
i went to collage for a semester for mechanics before deciding that wasnt what i wanted to do all my life so i feel obligated to do my own vehicle repairs from time to time.
well today was one of those times. i should have just taken it in. i have a 2001 silverado 4x4 that blew a power steering hose on the pressure side. quite the mess. well if this happens to anyone let me tell you now... take it in to have it fixed. its well worth the money. on my back for 2 hours trying to get a tube nut threaded into the back of the power steering pump that you can only touch with the tips of your fingers isnt how i wanted to spend my day. it didnt help i didnt get the right power steering hose. i had to put my tube bender to it to get the right angles or at least close to it. i have 5 hours into it (with some breaks of course) and i was done until i saw two bolts left over. now i gotta take the tire and wheel well out to get them back in. this thing is a gut job. fan shroud and all had to come out. my old hands cramp up alot easier these days and im only 44! i got my son to help out towards the end of the day. things went alot better after that.
im sure my neighbors loved to hear the air gun and air ratchet going all evening.

2012 700 Prowler HDX, re-routed intake, LXC cab with heat, HID headlights, tonneau box cover, LED dome lights
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 10:11 PM

Garage
My situation tonight was to begin helping my sister and law move which will continue into the weekend. On a side note, now that I have the Prowler figured out, I'd like to work on my truck for a while. Question for you guys. It's a 13 Silverado 1500 4x4 and I am wanting to lift it. Looking at the difference between the bracket lifts and uca lifts? Also trying to decide between a 4.5" and 33" tires and a 6.5" and 35" tires.

Current motor is the 5.3 L six speed with 3.42 gears.

Also wondering about towing once I lift it? Anyone with any experiences would be great.

BTW, I live in Florida so no hills, just flat ground.

Thanks and good luck on all the side work.

Charlie
Cape Coral, FL
2014 Prowler 700 HDX Limited
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 05:05 AM
ProwlerTalk Staff Member

Spraying for ticks! Sister, and Brother-inlaw coming in tomorrow from AZ.

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement