NEED HELP!! Carburetor drains out of the drain hole sometimes.... - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum

Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum

NEED HELP!! Carburetor drains out of the drain hole sometimes....

This is a discussion on NEED HELP!! Carburetor drains out of the drain hole sometimes.... within the Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions forums, part of the The Garage category; I have an '06 Prowler with the 650H1 motor. For no rhyme or reason, every once in a while the
Go Back   Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum > The Garage > Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions

Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

Sponsored by: Gearhead

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rides all the time

out west A ride leader
Default NEED HELP!! Carburetor drains out of the drain hole sometimes....

I have an '06 Prowler with the 650H1 motor. For no rhyme or reason, every once in a while the carburetor will poor gas out the drain hole when I start it up. Maybe 4 times it won't do it, but then on the 5th it will. The odd thing is when it does happen, it only seems to do it when I start the motor. The bowl should be full of gas when it is sitting there, but doesn't seem to leak until I start the motor. Drain plug is closed as much as I can get it.

What is the deal? Is there supposed to be an o'ring on that drain screw? It isn't very reassuring since I have no idea when the thing is all of a sudden going to decide to poor gas all over the place. So it doesn't really give me a warm and fuzzy to take the Prowler out like this. Any help appreciated.
out west is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2012, 05:28 AM   #2 (permalink)

Triple J Is on a distinguished trail

My guess would be your float is occasionally sticking. There is an overflow tube that drains at the same location.
27" Grim Reaper Tires/Home Made Roof/Arctic Cat Mirror/Quadboss Folding Windshield w/ home made support bar/LED Tail-Brake lights//Venom 4000 lb Winch/Amsteel synthetic line/Home Made Doors/Custom Adjustable Seats/Custom Oh Crap bar for passenger/Tonneau Cover/Fat Max storage Box in bed
Tiger Tail Towing system
Triple J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rides all the time

out west A ride leader

I see it drain out of that drain hole with the drain screw. Carb has been cleaned. Not sure how I keep the float from sticking if it is.

One thing that concerned me was when I took the carb apart the float needle fell out and I don't know if there is a specific orientation how it installs on the float. I have attached some pictures but don't know how well they show up. Can anybody tell me which direction the needle clip is supposed to face in relation to the float, or does it not matter?
Attached Thumbnails
NEED HELP!!  Carburetor drains out of the drain hole sometimes....-cimg4172-640x480-.jpg   NEED HELP!!  Carburetor drains out of the drain hole sometimes....-cimg4173-640x480-.jpg   NEED HELP!!  Carburetor drains out of the drain hole sometimes....-cimg4174-640x480-.jpg  
Old 05-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

JPBILLIN Is on a distinguished trail

that float valve your holding in your left hand went bad on my 07 prowler and leaked at the same spot. the bottom on it is rubber and it dident look worn but i replaced it and the leak stoped that little piece was about 15 bucks.
JPBILLIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rides all the time

out west A ride leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPBILLIN View Post
that float valve your holding in your left hand went bad on my 07 prowler and leaked at the same spot. the bottom on it is rubber and it dident look worn but i replaced it and the leak stoped that little piece was about 15 bucks.
Thanks for the info. I adjusted the float height and cleaned out the valve area again. If the leak comes back I'll be replacing that valve as my next option.....
Old 05-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Catmaster Is on a distinguished trail

set the float height at 17mm
Catmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement