Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

Plastic Repair

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  AlmostxProwler 
#1 ·
I recently repaired my floorboad on the Prowler. I saved plastic that I had trimmed off my dash board (recent gage install), and from my wheel well areas (to fit the dust barrier install). I used a weller soldering gun, 4 inch cast iron skillet (my wife gave me her's!), steel tubing, and my gas grill. The area being repaired was scuffed up with sand paper, I repaired this section from the back side, and used the tubing to pick up the moldening plastic (almost like a honey wand!) rolled it in the plastic until I had enough to fill the area, worked it in with a putty knife, and sanded the back side until flush. I then installed alumunum protection over the affected area. On small cracks use the soldering gun to make repairs, it will allow you move the plastic in the cracks and add plastic as needed. V cuts in the cracks may be necessary, and the fill as needed. This method works, but cannot be hurried. Plastic welding rod is available, check under body shop supplies. Good Luck..............................RD

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Wow! nice job! another really great idea to add to my "things to do" list :) thanks for the pics and tips!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.