What would you buy - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum

Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum

What would you buy

This is a discussion on What would you buy within the Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions forums, part of the The Garage category; So guys heres the question. What brand new side by side would you buy? A 2 seater? A 4 seater?
Go Back   Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum > The Garage > Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions

Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.
Maintenance, cleaning, etc.

Sponsored by: Gearhead

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

stirrer Is on a distinguished trail
Default What would you buy

So guys heres the question. What brand new side by side would you buy? A 2 seater? A 4 seater? What brand? I know this is a Arctic Cat Prowler site.
What used side by side would you buy? I know there are a lot of this or thats. But what would you go look at first? What would you look at last?
stirrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rides all the time

out west A ride leader

I think it depends mostly on what you will be using it for. I need a 4 seater so I can fit my family (this was the reason I sold my sport quad to get my Prowler, although it isn't a 4 seater yet). I would lean to something like the Teryx 4 (although I would like to see a bigger motor). Maybe a RZR-4 or new Maverick 4, although I almost need more of a utility UTV than a sport.

Plus the Teryx-4 is a lot cheaper from what I've seen. The new Maverick, Wildcat, and RZR-4 are all at least $20,000 new. I've seen the Teryx-4's listed anywhere from $12,000-$14,000.

It isn't going to matter much for me anyways. My wife hates that I even spent the money I did on my broken Prowler..... Not likely I'll be seeing a different machine anytime soon.

-2006 AC Prowler 650XT -- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage, and eventually a 4-seater
-1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV

Last edited by out west; 03-11-2013 at 03:39 PM.
out west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

stirrer Is on a distinguished trail

Thank you for your angle on this. LOL ahh the ladies in our lives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by out west View Post
I think it depends mostly on what you will be using it for. I need a 4 seater so I can fit my family (this was the reason I sold my sport quad to get my Prowler, although it isn't a 4 seater yet). I would lean to something like the Teryx 4 (although I would like to see a bigger motor). Maybe a RZR-4 or new Maverick 4, although I almost need more of a utility UTV than a sport.

Plus the Teryx-4 is a lot cheaper from what I've seen. The new Maverick, Wildcat, and RZR-4 are all at least $20,000 new. I've seen the Teryx-4's listed anywhere from $12,000-$14,000.

It isn't going to matter much for me anyways. My wife hates that I even spent the money I did on my broken Prowler..... Not likely I'll be seeing a different machine anytime soon.
stirrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
de3
Super Moderator

de3 A ride leader

depends if you have a family or not,If I had a family that liked to ride.I would choose the T-REX-4.I would want something on the sport utility side.with just the wife and I, IT would be a new xtz 1000 prowler.If I feel froggy and want to raise some h*ll, I just climb on the 680 rincon,I bought my sxs just to ride around with the wife.
06 XT.Dynotek, pumper carb,looney tune duals,trail armor doors,diamond back bed cover,coolflo windshield,auto meter oil pressure,water temp,volt gauge, console,custom steering wheel,epi clutch kit,king shocks,rear diff mod, steering stabilizer,Ricochet A-Arm guards,Xentec Hids H/L beam,XTZ scoop LED light bar.A/C flares,TypeI fuses, Snorkel kit with pre-Filter, 4-wheel Disc Brakes,Dust shield,CVT Fan,A/C Back cover,steerlite bushings, Belt Temp Gauge,Rugged Radio, STI BEAD LOCKS,2'' lift.
de3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
ProwlerTalk Staff Member

mlh1962 A ride leader

I used to ride dirt bikes and rail buggies so I think a Wildcat or other sport utv would be a blast to drive but not really practical for me. I like having the dump bed, use it for plowing snow, and just running around town. Cost was also a factor, I bought used less than half the price of new and came with extras. I think if I bought new a HDX would fit my needs well with a bigger bed and seating for 3, I could use one more for my grandson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by out west View Post
My wife hates that I even spent the money I did on my broken Prowler..... Not likely I'll be seeing a different machine anytime soon.
As for my wife when my motor screwed up I debated on trying to repair the old motor or just sell rig. She's the one who said quit being cheap and put in a new motor, I'm the tightwad in our family but she makes sure I get some toys too.
'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge (a little late), Sedona Rip Saw tires, fuel line check valve, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Bestop Duster Bed Cover, Bestop Element Doors, 2" Highlifter lift kit.
Mike (the one from Missouri )
mlh1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
de3
Super Moderator

de3 A ride leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1962 View Post
I used to ride dirt bikes and rail buggies so I think a Wildcat or other sport utv would be a blast to drive but not really practical for me. I like having the dump bed, use it for plowing snow, and just running around town. Cost was also a factor, I bought used less than half the price of new and came with extras. I think if I bought new a HDX would fit my needs well with a bigger bed and seating for 3, I could use one more for my grandson.

As for my wife when my motor screwed up I debated on trying to repair the old motor or just sell rig. She's the one who said quit being cheap and put in a new motor, I'm the tightwad in our family but she makes sure I get some toys too.
thats very nice of her,not a lot see it her way.from what I have heard lot of people like the HDX.
06 XT.Dynotek, pumper carb,looney tune duals,trail armor doors,diamond back bed cover,coolflo windshield,auto meter oil pressure,water temp,volt gauge, console,custom steering wheel,epi clutch kit,king shocks,rear diff mod, steering stabilizer,Ricochet A-Arm guards,Xentec Hids H/L beam,XTZ scoop LED light bar.A/C flares,TypeI fuses, Snorkel kit with pre-Filter, 4-wheel Disc Brakes,Dust shield,CVT Fan,A/C Back cover,steerlite bushings, Belt Temp Gauge,Rugged Radio, STI BEAD LOCKS,2'' lift.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
ProwlerTalk Staff Member

mlh1962 A ride leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by de3 View Post
thats very nice of her,not a lot see it her way.from what I have heard lot of people like the HDX.
She didn't like HDX for one reason.....the colors she likes red.
'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge (a little late), Sedona Rip Saw tires, fuel line check valve, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Bestop Duster Bed Cover, Bestop Element Doors, 2" Highlifter lift kit.
Mike (the one from Missouri )
mlh1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Loyal Member

Fairmont79 Looked up to

I'd have to stay with the Prowler, it is the best mix of a sport/utility vehicle to fit my needs! Rangers are more utility than sport, Rhino's are more sport than utility, I was not impressed with the Kaw's, so that left the Prowler, or off brand units. I try to buy american where possible. Just my 2 cents!...............RD
2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Diamond Plate Skidplates, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
Fairmont79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
de3
Super Moderator

de3 A ride leader

really,no regrets with my cat,like we said before they all have there problems,If it breaks make it better.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Rides all the time

out west A ride leader

I bought my Prowler with a broken motor/transmission off of a friend at a discount. Rebuilt it myself a lot cheaper. My only wish is that it was a broken 1000.....

If money was no object I would likely choose:

-Can Am Maverick for pure sport purpose

- Either Polaris Ranger 900 or Teryx-4 for utility purposes

-2006 AC Prowler 650XT -- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage, and eventually a 4-seater
-1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
out west is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement