Northern IL new guy - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Member Introductions We are happy to have you with us, please take a moment to introduce yourself to the rest of the members.

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 12:06 AM Thread Starter

Northern IL new guy

Hey everyone, new member here. I bought a 2015 leftover (new) 700XT this summer, and have been surprised at the lack of available info out there on these newer Prowlers from actual users. The aftermarket also seems a bit sluggish on them, seeing that they have been out for a few years now. I thought I would join to see what other people are doing with their newer machines, as well as help with any questions that I can! I have added the most recent pic of my rig, after installing the lift kit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	after front.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	43002  
Retired1, de3 and Essness like this.

2015 Prowler 700XT, Auxiliary Marine deep cycle battery, 6ft Moose standard plow, 4000lb Superwinch, AC Windshield, AC soft rear panel, 36 inch EBAY LED light bar and pod lights, Home-made brush gaurd, High-Lifter 2 inch lift kit

Last edited by NorthernAg93; 12-28-2016 at 12:08 AM. Reason: grammar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 04:35 AM
ProwlerTalk Staff Member

Welcome to the forum! Lot of great members here! Looks like you have a great machine with a lot of added items! I have a old 2009! LOL The 650/700 engine family is very popular. Same basic design since 2007. Many interchangeable parts. So now I'll put you on the spot, how do you like your machine? Will we see you on the Cheese Trails? Keep the pictures coming as we are a simple bunch! LOL

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 07:34 AM
ProwlerTalk Staff Member

Garage
Welcome to the site, Prowlers are good machines just not a lot of them out there. I've got a couple friends with 900 RZR's and they are always breaking down, I hauled another one home a couple days ago when the rear driveshaft popped off. He said they've been having problems with that along with a bunch of other recalls.
de3 likes this.

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 08:00 AM
Loyal Member

welcome to the house .. lots of very good knowledge here especially in the 650-700's

stop in often and join the BS'in

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont79 View Post
Welcome to the forum! Lot of great members here! Looks like you have a great machine with a lot of added items! I have a old 2009! LOL The 650/700 engine family is very popular. Same basic design since 2007. Many interchangeable parts. So now I'll put you on the spot, how do you like your machine? Will we see you on the Cheese Trails? Keep the pictures coming as we are a simple bunch! LOL
Thanks, and so far I love it. I have only had a few small things that I have had to tweak, but luckily I am willing and capable to do so. If you are referring to the cheese trails in WI, I havn't been to those yet, but you will most likely see me there now, always looking for new places to travel to lol. I go to Black River Falls every year, and this year I will be taking this, and can't wait. I have got plenty of pics, just have to figure out which threads are appropriate to post them lol.
Fairmont79 likes this.

2015 Prowler 700XT, Auxiliary Marine deep cycle battery, 6ft Moose standard plow, 4000lb Superwinch, AC Windshield, AC soft rear panel, 36 inch EBAY LED light bar and pod lights, Home-made brush gaurd, High-Lifter 2 inch lift kit
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

To mlh1962

I knew that I didn't want a pure sport machine, those RZRs are very powerful but yes, they seem to break a lot of stuff when trying to put the power down. They are also are difficult to service and to get to stuff. I love how simple this Prowler is to service, accessing the "engine bay" is such a breeze. I looked at Rangers before I got this, and I just didn't quite like it as much. Very happy with this machine.
Fairmont79 likes this.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTroyer View Post
welcome to the house .. lots of very good knowledge here especially in the 650-700's

stop in often and join the BS'in
Thanks! Will do!

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 08:26 AM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernAg93 View Post
, just have to figure out which threads are appropriate to post them lol.

newsboy's have to wait till XX posts before you can ad pic's , not sure why

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 05:35 PM

Welcome to the forum! Looks good with the lift kit! If you want to add more stuff, we can sure help you spend your money! Cheese trails are F U N!!! We are from eastern-eastern Iowa, far east as you can get without getting wet from the Mississippi! Keep in touch, we will set up a Cheese Trail get together!
Fairmont79 likes this.

'09 650XT H1, 72" Eagle Plow, Warn 3500 Winch. Bestop soft cab, soft top, wind buster & cargo cover. Dyna FX CDI box, UNI filters, A/C V-bag and front console, EPI 2" lift kit, Highlifter springs, Scat ProCar suspension seats with heated covers. SteerLite bushings. 28x10 Raceline Bruisers on Vision 158 14X8 rims, on all 4 corners. Cowling heat vents w/fan. Factory heat and defrost. RD Custom's alternator kit. XTZ hood scoop, Monster shock covers, turn signals... for now.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 09:07 AM

Welcome aboard. In the Quad Cities so not far from you, either. Was planning on hitting Spragueville, IA sometime this year for a day ride.

Ron

2011 HDX 700 - CoolFlo windshield, brush guard, Warn winch, hard top, Clarion CD player, amp, Kicker speaker bar, AC rear view mirror, AC storage bag, auxiliary battery with crossover, GBC Grim Reapers.
2007 Suzuki Eiger
2009 Joylaris 400
Sponsored Links
Advertisement