Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

Secondary clutch

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  riddler28 
#1 ·
I put larger tires on my prowler . Wondering if you can adjust the secondary spring on a 700 xtx.that should give me more low end torque???

#2 ·
look in the serch under clocking clutch,,, this should help you:D

#3 ·
There are a lot of options if you do a search. You can clock the secondary clutch spring to help, change to different rollers, get a clutch kit, or have Airdam or Papa Slap machine your clutches. I'm not sure which is the best option for you, but others will chime in with some input.

#4 ·
I clocked my secondary on my wildcat. It sure woke it up at the bottom. I run 27" Spartacus radials. I lost about 3 mph on the top. If and when I can afford it I will be replacing my wet clutch I think with one from STM or maybe airdam.. But for now I got to keep what I got.

#6 ·
Slycat
You can clock your secondary tighter.
Which will make the clutch down shift faster.

Or you can get lighter rollers and it will raise the engine rpm throughout the the transmission up shift. which will get you closer to peak hp rpm.
It will also help with down shift as there is less inertia force on the secondary.

There are a few used ones for sale on here.

http://www.prowlertalk.net/forums/arctic-cat-prowlers-prowler-parts-sale/7802-rollers.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.