Login Time Suggestion - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Prowlertalk Help Desk Got ideas on how to improve the site or having problems on the site? We'd like to hear about them.

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-07-2017, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Login Time Suggestion

i have been surfing this site for a while but the main thing that bugs me is i am always having to re-login. is there a chance of having an activity timer that pops up and asks you to stay logged in and if you dont answer within 20 seconds or something it logs you out? or maybe a build button that you can click and lets you log in for a longer session so you can get all of your stuff typed and linked. some of our posts can take a while to get set up. i noticed that when i go to preview my post and it already kicked me out, when i log back in it doesnt go to the preview once i re-enter my credentials, it posts it.
maybe some other guys on the site have some ideas on this as well.

2012 700 Prowler HDX, re-routed intake, LXC cab with heat, HID headlights, tonneau box cover, LED dome lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 02:36 AM

There is a check box near your log in credentials of something to the effect of "remember me" or "stay logged in" I use it and never have to re-log in. if you have already done this then it is a setting in your browser like a cookie was set to never allow cookies from this site.

Tim

2010 A/C XTZ with some "Stuff"
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 05:09 AM
ProwlerTalk Staff Member

Same here!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_crazy View Post
i have been surfing this site for a while but the main thing that bugs me is i am always having to re-login. is there a chance of having an activity timer that pops up and asks you to stay logged in and if you dont answer within 20 seconds or something it logs you out? or maybe a build button that you can click and lets you log in for a longer session so you can get all of your stuff typed and linked. some of our posts can take a while to get set up. i noticed that when i go to preview my post and it already kicked me out, when i log back in it doesnt go to the preview once i re-enter my credentials, it posts it.
maybe some other guys on the site have some ideas on this as well.
As mentioned already, are you using the Remember Me when logging in?

Normally the site is set to log out members if they are inactive for 15 minutes. This is to not only protect from session hijackings, but also to keep the "Who's Online" list current.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Garage
dang that was easy
i usually dont check those remember me boxes because they save the passwords for a later login like on facebook. i end up relying on them to populate it for so long then my cookies disappear and so do my passwords and im stuck lol. i will have to remember this for other places.

2012 700 Prowler HDX, re-routed intake, LXC cab with heat, HID headlights, tonneau box cover, LED dome lights
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 06:07 AM
ProwlerTalk Staff Member

How did we function before computers! I remember when I was first given one at work, and I was WTF is this crappy thing for? Took about a year to slowly gain knowledge, and then it steamrolled! I bought a Dell Pentium for my house and paid over 2 grand for it! Hook up over a modem!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_crazy View Post
dang that was easy
i usually dont check those remember me boxes because they save the passwords for a later login like on facebook. i end up relying on them to populate it for so long then my cookies disappear and so do my passwords and im stuck lol. i will have to remember this for other places.
Glad to help. Let us know if you have any other issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont79 View Post
How did we function before computers! I remember when I was first given one at work, and I was WTF is this crappy thing for? Took about a year to slowly gain knowledge, and then it steamrolled! I bought a Dell Pentium for my house and paid over 2 grand for it! Hook up over a modem!
First computer was a Mac Classic. Mouse had one button. Ah nostalgia.
Fairmont79 likes this.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 10:26 AM
ProwlerTalk Staff Member

Yeah, the good ole days!
VS_Goose likes this.

Either - Dick or RD
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 04:33 PM
Loyal Member

hell some of us OLD guys still can't do well with these

my Mac laptop is now over 8 years old and still does more than I can do with it LOL

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 09:36 PM
ProwlerTalk Staff Member

Garage
I think I bought my first PC in '93, it was a Tandy 3100 from Radio Shack running Windows 3.1 & DOS, and a cool color dot matrix printer!

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement