Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

Miles per tank (XTZ 1000)

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  de3 
#1 ·
Guy's,

How many miles are you getting per tank? Also, what octane are you using?

Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
I have seen over 120 miles many times , BUTT I ride extremely ruff trails normally .. I run ethanol free premium note hard to find these days .. so premium with low ethanol B5 max.

your milage will vary greatly with trail conditions and ride style , busting trail lower, same with shale rock , Sand , snow .. what I'm saying is conditions will make the milage vary greatly. Always over 100 to a tank though

a note here .... keep your air filter serviced well and it helps.
the XTZ air intake is not in a good spot so the filter gets dirty quick ... if dust riding it's not unusual to have to clean after each day's ride [as a guide to how dirty it gets] .. I have two spare filters all ready to go in zip lock plastic bags so I don't have to dink with that while on an outing .

#3 ·
At least you have a pre-filter! I to carry extra oil soaked filter elements when we ride, same deal a zip lock bag to keep them ready for use. FYI, XTZ 1000 pre-filter is behind the drivers seat.

#4 ·
I can go over 100 miles also just cruising the back roads...and I use ethanol free gas also.......I use that in all my lawn equipment also........and I use it in my truck as it sits a lot......

#5 ·
Who cares gas is finally somewhat affordable... Lmao J/k I see around 120 mpt as well.

#6 ·
Ain't that the truth! Still paying around 2 dollars a gallon and we are happy! Something wrong with this picture! LOL I can get about 150 per tank when cruising at a steady speed.

#7 ·
I can get about 150 per tank when cruising at a steady speed.
that extra cylinder need a lil bit O fuel so the twins are down to that number a lil ... but well worth the loss IMHO :)

#9 ·
wow .. they are scalping prices here in Reno area , diesel is also high here @ 3.05 a few days ago was the lowest ..

don't remember gas prices as I always buy at Costco as it is almost always the lowest for gas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.