Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum - View Single Post - 2009 prowler 1000 clutch Trans problems
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
bubba_v2008

2009 prowler 1000 clutch Trans problems

I have a 09 artic cat prowler 1000 efi I traded my 4 wheeler for a couple weeks ago. I only put a mile on it before something went wrong. I pulled in my drive way after riding it down a small trail by my house I switched from high gear to low gear to get ready to pull up in my shop the shifter got stuck i disconcected the linkage and tried to get it to shift to any gear I guess it was stuck between high an low an would just rev. Tried rockin it but not luck so I pulled the engine removed belt cover an manually turned the cvt clutches an it freed up the shifter. So I put the engine back in the prowler and could shift all gears but all i had was reverse. Forward gears would try to move it but it was makin a noise from trans or clutch sounded like a faint grinding so I pulled the engine again and now when i turn the cvt counter clockwise the drive shafts turn for which gear im in like nothing is wrong.
Im stumped any help or ideas are greatly appreciated I have a service manual incase it come to tearing it down. Could the wet clutch be bad?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome