Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum - View Single Post - 2012 1000 alternator upgrade
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 03:47 AM
Fairmont79
Administrator

I mounted mine tight to the front of the engine, but I have a 700. I looked at mounting it in the center above the driveshaft and using the floor console to cover it. I used a mini GM alternator rated at 70 amps, one wire, or three wire hook ups available. I run two batteries and before the alternator, when the fan cycled on the volts would drop to 12, with the alternator and speeds above 10, the voltage stays at 14.2 when the fan starts! I used a piece of 2" angle iron, and two metal straps plus a 3/8" threaded rod connector for the mount. It is not very tall, so it does not flex. A GM turn buckle is used to adjust tension on the belt, and a spare belt is in place around the driveshaft if I break one on the trail. I posted pictures on my page about the project! Great thing about an alternator is that you can mount them backwards if space is an issue!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome