Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

Anyone have a lift kit for a XTZ for sale ?

5K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Fairmont79 
#1 ·
Looking for a 2" lift for my 2010 1000 XTZ. If anyone has one lying around and want to get rid of it. Thinking either a lift or taller tires, can't make up my mind.

#2 ·
#4 ·
Thanks Bryan: was looking at the quad boss and high lifter kits on ebay and they run anywhere from $200-$300.

#3 ·
Anyone know how far we can lift these things without having any axle issues? Is 2" safe?

#6 ·
Mine is 2", with the front shocks preload twisted all the way, for the plow its raised almost 4", with the plow down or off. RD, you drove it with the 4 shocks twisted 1/2 way, in Wisconsin. My only problem was a rear axle that was clicking before I lifted it, started to click worse. I replaced it and its been ok. I am repacking those CV's on that axle shaft to use it as a spare.

#7 ·
I run my shocks in the middle all the time just to get a little clearance, seems like if i don't I drag on everything out there. I like the way it handles and breaks loose easier if I run them at the top(no load) but drag alot. This is why I was thinking lift or taller tires. Could I run 27" tires without lifting?

#8 ·
I ran 28's without any problem, shocks set on neutral.

#9 ·
I have 1700 miles on the original tires, they are not completely wore out but they are down there. I have been looking at new ones with better tread than the original nobbies and am finding out that with different makes and treads, a 27'' is not necessarily a 27'', sometimes more. So was thinking that a 27 with the shocks at the top could be like 26's with the shocks in the middle??

#10 ·
if your still factory set on toe in/out you'll be dragging the tires to death , they come about 1/4" out ... pull those darn things in to where they should be at about 1/8 tp 1/4" toe in. tire life will be way way better [about 4 thousand on these tires and still have more than 50% left] .. and it will steer so much easier too.

do some reading and searching here and also get a set of the offset bushings and help the camber setting that is non adjustable from the factory.

#17 ·
Factory set, these things will eat a set of tires up quickly! Mine is 1/8" In. Drives great, and no tire scrub!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.