Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

suspension help

6K views 19 replies 4 participants last post by  sandchris 
#1 ·
after breaking a lower A-Arm at Pismo I decided to build new ones out of 1" tubing I have them built and fixing to install the spindle but I dont know how to set up the geometry can anyone help

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I can't help help you with the set up question but I have a complete set of 2 week old XTZ 1000 a-arms that I would sell you very cheap. There are a few guys on here that are very good with suspension set up so standby and your question will be answered.

#5 ·
If it was me i would just copy what the stock a arm was doing. I would pull a tape from the frame to the bead on the inside of the wheel. It should be around 1/8 to 1/4 toed in. So if you pull your tape from the frame with the a arm level with the outside frame rail. Pull your tape to the front of the wheel from the frame rail. And then pull your tape to the rear of the wheel from the frame rail. What do you have? Should be about 1/8-1/4 of toe in so it drives good and straight.
And as far as the caster I would level the rear section of the frame. Then put a level on the hub on the good stock side. It should be level or have some caster in at the top. If it does have some caster in at the top it should not be much. Then I would copy what you have with the stock arm and run with it. I have seen them with caster and without myself.

#19 ·
Its really called Oceano dunes just a little south of Pismo beach we ride there alot as it is only 2 hours from Bakersfield we try to hit Dumont once a year usually presidents day weekend we do some desert riding at California City usually in the winter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.