Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum - View Single Post - Rattle at 15 to 20
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 06:24 AM Thread Starter
Travis F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont79 View Post
Removing the one way bearing is recommended if you plow, or pull heavy loads. There will be a loss of engine braking. I removed mine and still have engine braking except below 10 mph. It did eliminate a lot of driveline noise. You have to pull the clutch covers, clutch and belt (primary/secondary clutches), and the inner cover. The one way sits on the wet clutch hub and slips off.
You will have to drain the oil also. I'm not that familiar with the 1000, but in order to remove the covers the gas tank has to be moved out of the way. BTW K&T Lawn equipment has free download service manuals
Thanks RD, I downloaded that manual as soon as the machine was home. The dealership I bought this from refreshed the clutch and put a new belt in it as it was very weak and high gear felt like low gear. I am wondering if the one way was on its way out then because the PO only plowed and used this for hunting camp runs. I am going to check all bolts in the exhaust system but I am willing to bet it is the one way bearing.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome