Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

One of those days!

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Fairmont79 
#1 ·
Yup having one of those days! Put a new starter in my Prowler as the other one was KIA! Cranking the motor and darn thing would not start! Pulled the plug, checked the spark, 12 volts at the coil, still no start! Pulled the air filter off and found the throttle body off of the intake manifold! Not sure how it worked off the clamp, but it sure did! LOL Put it back where it belonged and it fired right up! Now I'm seeing 70 psi oil pressure at idle which seems high! My direct mount gage is pegged! Going to get it hot to see where it settles!

#2 ·
Fell completely off? I think Pats messing with you! I think my starter is starting to go. When I start it, it will crank over maybe 3 compression strokes and stop. Release the key, and try it again, same thing. After maybe 3 or 4 times, it starts fine. Best thing would be to video it for ya. Maybe tomorrow...

#3 ·
My starter barely turned the motor over, and then only the solenoid would click. Checked the voltage going to the starter and had 12.8 volts, still no go!
Checked the cable for resistance and it was good! Pulled the starter and bench tested it and it failed! Found a replacement on ebay and it is installed! Some of the Prowler starters have rebuild kits, but not the 700XTX! Early rebuild kits will not work in later models! Figures! LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.