Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

Kolpin Windshield

6K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  de3 
#1 ·
Hi, I would like opinions on the Kolpin Arctic Cat 2010 Prowler XTX Full-Tilting Windshield. Is it of good quality, durable, etc. Considering purchase, but drawn to moose folding models. I don't have any knowledge about which may be better or any of the cons. Please help, Thanks!

#4 ·
Thanks to Desertcat and Mustanggeek. In Kentucky I was wanting to use windshield to knockdown spider webs in the woods and to help out my lady from the night draft. Myself, just like riding my Harley's - no helmet.

#6 ·
windshield

hi t-bird, i live in wva,and most of us run windshields,you do not want a full windshield because of the dust,like desertcat said a full windshield will cause a back draft,and you will get a lot of dust in the back of cab.i run a coolflo windshield from trail armor.com the bottom 6 inches comes off and that helps a lot on the back draft,you can take it on and off in a couple seconds.now you can get a fold down windshield for the cat,you couldnt when i bought my cat,thats what most of my riding buddys have,and the night air here gets cool,so you almost need one,or dont ride. in the cold weather we run covers on back of roll bar,keeps a lot of air out. note if you get windshield use rain-x inside and out helps a lot,and clean your windshield with a micro fiber rag after you hose it off.

#7 ·
Thanks for your response "de3"! I am familiar with the terrain in WVA (pretty country), and the feedback from you guys is is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again!

#11 ·
hi rickym2 i have a half windshield also that i got when i bought my prowler in 06 put 5 miles on it then took it off,rattled in the wind.tried moving up but since roll bar is tapered the more you slide it up the more the windshield bows,you can move it up some.if you want a windshield buy a coolflo or a fold down type.................

#12 ·
I have a half windshield and love it. I have about a 1 inch gap on the bottom and the windshield goes up about 12 inches. At the top the windshield curves towards the front at a 45 deg angle with a 1 inch lip. My buddy has a prowler without a windshield and he was eating rocks and derbis from the road all day following me. I never had a problem following him. My buddy is buying one now.

#13 ·
...tried the Kolpin full folding windshield. Sent it back! I did not have any luck with installing or removing top half of windshield. The brackets kept moving on the rollover bars even after torquing to specification ( instructions even advised on bracket damage to over tightening). Contacted Kolpin on how to remove/put on top half, they instructed me on how to accomplish this (different from install instructions).
I lost there as well....didn't work. Frustrated, I just sent product back. I really wanted to get this thing to work because the shield was constructed nicely.

Thinking about a Moose full folder, anybody had any experience with that type?

#14 ·
Welcome TBird... I run the Moose Half Windshielf and love it. Only real complaints I've heared about the half windshields is the rattling like de3 said and I've heared some complain that if your a tall person it can direct the wind into your face. But the Moose one I have doesn't rattle at all and it's like $100 cheaper than the Kolpin. Also, what part of Kentucky are you from? I live in East TN and ride in Kentucky alot.

#15 ·
...looks like the Moose full folding shield gets a try. Contacted Moose about how to trailer Acat at highway speeds 65-75 with windshield installed, they advised to just fold it down. Already noticed slight fogging and paint rub were shield contacts rollover at the top. Going to try a small patch of rubber plastic coat type liquid to buffer it, any other suggestions guys? Like the shield so far.

#16 ·
Tilting split windscreen

We have a split windscreen - the bottom 3rd is attached, and the top 2/3rds pop forward. No problems with dust in the cab, blocks everything you want. I usually leave the top 2/3rd piece off, and that works great. You might be able to get away with a piece of Lexan on the bottom, attached with stickey velcro, and try that for a couple of trips - no spiders, no dust, low cost. I'll likely put the full windshield back on for plowing snow this winter...

#18 ·
Thanks de3, right now the fogging (abrasion) I'm talkin' about is at the top from vibration/rubbing were the shield meets the rollover bar. Got some liquid electrical tape that I'm going to coat a small patch on each side of the were it touches to see if that helps stops the paint rubbing off at the contact.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.