Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

NEW Arctic Cat WILDCAT 50″

9K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Fat Cat 
#1 ·
ARCTIC CAT DRIVES EVOLUTION WITH ALL-NEW 50-INCH WILDCAT
New 50-inch Trail Model to Compliment Wildcat Line-up Early in 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Thief River Falls, Minn. (February 26, 2013) 2014 Arctic Cat snowmobile dealer show attendees in Las Vegas were shown how committed the company is about leading the powersports industry. First, Arctic Cat introduced ten all-new snowmobile models, and topped that with an announcement to design and build their own clean technology engines in their state-of-the-art St. Cloud, Minnesota engine manufacturing facility. Dealers were ecstatic about the news, but the company unveiled one more surprise.
The audience greeted Arctic Cat CEO, Claude Jordan, with much applause and cheering as an all-new 50- inch wide, trail-legal Wildcat was driven on stage. Jordan addressed the enthusiastic crowd with a few details stating that the new model will join the Wildcat family, which includes the Base and Limited models, as well as the recently-introduced Wildcat 4 and high-horsepower X models. Dealers were told they could expect to see the new 50-inch Side-by-Side in early 2014.
Arctic Cat GM/VP of the ATV Division, Tracy Crocker said, “The new 50-inch trail model builds upon the success of the pure-sport Wildcat, which was named Dirt Trax Magazine’s “Best-In-Class Extreme Performance ROV”.
The new model will feature everything enthusiasts love about the Wildcat, including the styling, and will lead the trail category with an unmatched suspension and ride-in comfort. Combine this with an all-new twin-cylinder engine and consumers will have an unrivalled Wildcat riding experience

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey Seth, any knowledge on this new "twin cylinder engine", still a v-twin or are they expanding selection or maybe one of their sled motors? Out here the X seems to be the cats meow, the 4 seater just looks a bit out of shape, of course if it had Oh say 150+ horsepower motor then that would change things. But moving into sandbuggy territory, just not the HP yet.

#4 ·
great news for articcat,I think the new models have been in the makings for a while,they just kept quiet.............now time for a prowler-4,I know when the 650 come out it was in research and development for 5 years before it come out.they had there flaws but heck all brands do,you just dont here about all of them.............

#5 ·
Yamaha engine???

They already have one in their sleds

#13 · (Edited)
ROB,did you just here this about the snowmobiles,or all articcat products,I thought I read something on here where articcat was gonna built the yamaha sleds in 2014 and use the yamaha motor.I guess we will find out in time,I never liked when articcat used the suzuki engines in there quads,to me that wasn't a articcat,thats why I never owned one.honda never used a another brand motor in anything they ever built,and I dont know of any other name brand atv that did either.....MY thoughts IF YOU CANT BUILT A QUALITY MOTOR DONT BUILD THE MACHINE..................:confused: TO ME THAT WOULD BE THE SAME AS BUYING MY 69 CHEVELLE SS NEW WITH A 390 FORD MOTOR IN IT,IAM NOT CUTTING DOWN FORD EITHER..............

#14 ·
"Gary on the rhino, I think they made them install those doors,and take the sway bar off."

yes that's true, however Yamaha has not upgraded or improved the Rhino since that to speak of [minor changes only] and they would have by now been at or near the front of the pack with improvements v/s just a good rig

#15 ·
I agree 100% with you gary,I have always wondered why yamaha is just kinda at a stand still on there Rhino.do you think the law suits is still the reason,for not coming out with a bigger motor in the rhino,and not introducing a sport version.

#17 ·
These are my thoughts and only my thoughts. I can see the Yamaha merger as a good one. Yamaha has the motor side covered will all the research and development covered on there motors in there sleds. Why reinvent the wheel. Now Cat has the chassis covered there is no other that comes close to what Cat has come out with. That said I have heard the Yamaha Triple will be manufactured in the St.cloud engine plant too. This is a good thing. Made in America motors and job's. Now the 50" wild cat has a twin motor in it. I'm think it is the Yamaha Phaser twin which is 500cc and produces 80hp. This is a great motor. Not taking anything away from Cat but my prowler motor had a lot of problems in there early version of it which I had. I did not want to replace a tranny in it like my buddy had to at a cost of 4000.00. Then early build WC had almost the same trouble with oil leaks. I checked my motor for that and I like to report I don't have one of those motors. You know you have one when you find silicon gooped on the seam of the bottom pan behind the clutch. I lucked out this time and got a good one. Now Polaris used a motor called a Webber in there 4 stroke sleds then the bought the company that produces them. BRP uses a motor called ROTAX made in Austria. Another Germany company. So in closing other OEM's don't build there own motors too but they are still good machines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.