Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

no spark 2006 650 h1 prowler

27K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  de3 
#1 ·
ok friend I got a 2006 650 h1 prowler I've checked everything and it checks fine the ign. coil cks good the trigger cks good the stator cks good getting voltage at the wire from the CDI to the ign coil just not getting any spark off coil don't know where else to look need some help

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum! Always someone here to help. I checked the manual, and they list everything you checked, I assume you have a good plug, but how is the plug wire! Do you have a service manual?

#3 ·
#4 ·
I keep forgetting K&T Parts for downloading a free manual. But I had faith someone would list it! Thanks Mike

#6 ·
Welcome to the best prowler site,how did you check your coil,you said there is no spark coming from it,but the coil checks good.are you looking for spark from your plug with it still in the spark plug boot.

#8 ·
I'd have the coil tested, or the plug wire. If you have voltage everywhere else, and the plug is grounded and still no spark it seems to me that the coil is defective. Just my thoughts! Good Luck, nothing worse than electrical gremlins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 ·
heck it's old enough that a preventative maintenance mind might just replace both of them now .. not an expensive replacement either

#10 ·
Did you get it running?

#16 ·
Well talking with arctic cat direct they said it had to to be the wiring harness to so I changed it out still would not start so after much reservation I took the flywheel off another unit installed it and it started up in all the years of working on atv, utv and everything else I have never replace one that had sealed magnets but I guess you learn something new everyday

#17 ·
These things do offer a challenge every once in awhile! Glad you got it going, and thanks for letting us know! Now go play, you earned it! LOL

#18 ·
X2 .. thanks for the heads up reply about what it was.

maybe this one should have gone to the "answer guy" thread LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.