gauge keeps blinking after battery swap - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler Electrical Discussions Arctic Cat Prowler electrical discussions.
Lighting, audio, GPS, communications, etc.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By rocketman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
ram

Question gauge keeps blinking after battery swap

i have a 06 prowler 650 h1. i replaced the battery. gauge would blink on an off as it were starting up an about to give reading an blink back off. then the ignition solenoid went out. so Im using a screw driver to start it up. i want to get everything fix during off season.
can anyone help. i looked at fuse box under seat. didn't see anything burnt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 09:30 PM
Lifetime Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
i have a 06 prowler 650 h1. i replaced the battery. gauge would blink on an off as it were starting up an about to give reading an blink back off. then the ignition solenoid went out. so Im using a screw driver to start it up. i want to get everything fix during off season.
Hey ram welcome to the forum, I guess the first think I should ask is do you have the full instrument dash or just the lights? I think there's 2 different ones depending on if you have the 650 H1 or the 650 H1 XT. If your having a problem with a bad starter the draw on the system could be causing your gauge problem, also a few have added an extra ground wire from the battery to the frame to help with electrical issues. But knowing you have a starter problem I would start with fixing that first and see what happens.

I'm sure a few others on the site will chime in soon with some other suggestions, a lot of folks here with more mechanical experience than me that can help get you back on track.

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 01:51 AM
Administrator

How is your ignition switch? Does your solenoid click when you turn the key?

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 11:46 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
I would replace your solenoid then see what it does.....

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1962 View Post
Hey ram welcome to the forum, I guess the first think I should ask is do you have the full instrument dash or just the lights? I think there's 2 different ones depending on if you have the 650 H1 or the 650 H1 XT. If your having a problem with a bad starter the draw on the system could be causing your gauge problem, also a few have added an extra ground wire from the battery to the frame to help with electrical issues. But knowing you have a starter problem I would start with fixing that first and see what happens.

I'm sure a few others on the site will chime in soon with some other suggestions, a lot of folks here with more mechanical experience than me that can help get you back on track.
i have a full instrument dash, a 650 h1. i never had any problems with cat till now. first battery. replaced battery and guage was blinking an as i used the cat to work at lease for the day. next day seloniod was clicking and wouldnt start. so i used a screw driver and continued to use it till loaded in trailer.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
ram

yes it does click an ill be replacing it. i just dont know how ill fix the gauge
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 04:08 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
yes it does click an ill be replacing it. i just dont know how ill fix the gauge
I dont think their is any fix for the gauge if it keeps flicker when you change the solenoid.you might try cleaning the connection's to the cluster.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2015, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
ram

Unhappy gauge blinking

i finally replaced the solenoid an its starts like supposed to. my gauge is continuing to blink. i guess ill look at wires going to gauge an look for loose wires.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 07:49 AM

Unplug gauge and get some electrical contact cleaner. Spray connector and gauge, let it dry and plug back in and test. If it still blinks you would have to test power and ground going into gauge but I think at that point the gauge might need replacement.
de3 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement