Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kingman, AZ 86409
Welcome to the site! Check to see if you have voltage to the coil, check the connections to the ecu, Any Codes Showing? This is handy!
For anyone curious on how to read the error codes on the 700 XTX:
1) Make sure the ignition switch is OFF, then remove the seats.
2) Locate the diagnostic plug next to the PDM; then remove the black rubber cap.
3) Connect the Test Plug from TEST PLUG/ERROR CODE LIST to the Diagnostic Plug.
4) Turn the ignition to the ON position and read the error code on the LCD
-00 No fault Detected
-12 CKP (Crankshaft Positioning Sensor)*
-13 MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) Sensor
-14 TPS (Throttle Position Sensor)
-15 ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) Sensor
-16 Speed Sensor
-21 IAT (Inlet Air Temperature) sensor
-23 Tilt Sensor *
-24 Ignition Coil *
-32 Fuel Injector *
-40 ISC (Idle Speed Control) Valve
-41 Fuel Pump Relay *
-60 Cooling Fan Relay
-95 Sensor Power
-96 Incorrect ECU *
-97 ECU Memory Power (constant battery power)
-99 Start/Run Not Possible
* Will initiate code 99
TO CLEAR THE ERROR CODE (Ignition must be OFF)
1) With the test plug connected to the diagnostic plug AND the drive select switch in 4WD position, HOLD the reverse override switch down and turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
2) After 10 seconds, release the reverse override switch and turn the ignition switch to OFF then back to ON. The display should now read AC00 (no fault detected).
3) If code has cleared, disconnect the test plug and reconnect the black rubber cap.
P0483-Fan Secondary/Left Relay Control Circuit
P0484-Fan Primary/Right Relay Control Circuit High
P0485-Fan Primary/Right Relay Control Circuit Low / SG / Open
P0500-Vehicle Speed Sensor (Gauge Direct Error Code)
P0508-Idle Air Control System Circuit Low / SG
P0509-Idle Air Control System Circuit High / Open
P0562-System Voltage Low (Battery voltage low – seems to be a common problem with Arctic Cat Batteries. Put it on charger.)
If your battery goes dead or you start getting error codes, check under the hood. The Regulator/ Rectifier has two plugs on it – make sure both are securely plugged in.
P0563-System Voltage High
P0601-ECE Memory Check-Sum Error
P0615-Starter Relay Circuit
P0616-Starter Relay Circuit Low
P0617-Starter Relay Circuit High
P0630-VIN Not Programmed or Incompatible
P0635-Power Steering Controller Circuit (Gauge Direct Error Code)
P0642-Sensor Power Circuit Low
P0643-Sensor Power Circuit High
P0856-Traction Control Circuit (Gauge Direct Error Code)
P2300-Rear Ignition Coil Primary Circuit Low / SG / Open
P2301-Rear Ignition Coil Primary Circuit High
P2303-Front Ignition Coil Primary Circuit Low / SG / Open
P2304-Front Ignition Coil Primary Circuit High
P2531-Ignition Switch Circuit Low
P2532-Ignition Switch Circuit High
2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.
Either - Dick or RD