What battery for 2011 Prowler HDX700 - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler Electrical Discussions Arctic Cat Prowler electrical discussions.
Lighting, audio, GPS, communications, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

What battery for 2011 Prowler HDX700

Hello,

Never had anything this troublesome in regards to finding a battery. Most battery books do not list anything in them for the Prowler HDX 700 and some mention one battery size while another states that size doesn't fit.

So far I have come across

YIX30L-BS and YTX24HLBS The 30 has 400cca abd the 24 is 350cca

So what Battery size do our Prowlers take?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 03:23 PM
Loyal Member

there is a thread on here [believe FAQ one] about what batteries will work , many of us have changed out to Odyssey's and much larger sizes too .. the battery tray/hole will hold a larger one easily ... in my XTZ i have a 925 amp Odyssey

if going that route be sure to shop around as prices vary all over the place from rip off to good prices ... Odyssey can be mounted in any position BTW .. mine is on it's side

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Prowlers take either the 355CCA, or 400CCA, depending on the year/model. I stay with AGM batteries as they are sealed, and you can mount them in any position. I have two batteries on mine, one odyssey (secondary, and one 400CCA DEKA (primary). I picked my DEKA up at a Farm&Family Home store. I would hazard a guess that your machine has the 400CCA battery. Look in the frequently asked questions on this forum, it will give you battery makes, and numbers.

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the heads up!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 04:58 AM
Administrator

Keep coming back! This forum is very active compared to other sites!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Ended up grabbing a Super start AGM battery from Wal-Mart. ES-TX30L for $114 didn't seem to bad.

Didn't have time to take it on a drive so I went down the driveway and back, then let it sit an idle to burn up some gas. Next thing I know I'm in the garage and hear it starting to run rough and died.

Prowler had over heated so I checked the fuses and found the fan fuse was blown. Changed it out and fired it up, fan came on but didn't want to hurt it so I shut it off.

Last edited by AwwShoot; 10-17-2015 at 08:56 PM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 04:41 AM
Administrator

Good Thing! Overheating will seat the rings! These things are pretty much bullet proof!

Either - Dick or RD
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Sure hope so!

Finally took it for a drive down to the Hardware store the other day. Then today my wife and I drove it down to the gas station.

I'm loving this thing!

Something "feels" off like something is loose besides the "play" in the steering I need to fix. LOL Hope it is just the tires. Fan is working good now and hear it come in from time to time. Starting to run a little better too.

Still have to pull the air filter and see how it looks. Usually one of the first things I do when doing an oil change but ran I to other "things" that needed to be looked into.

Really enjoy hearing my wife say "I can drive". Soo glad we bought a "utility" instead of a sport model. This one is going to gwt some much use!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 08:56 PM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwShoot View Post

Something "feels" off like something is loose besides the "play" in the steering I need to fix.

check toe settings .... factory sets them with about 1/4" - 1/2" toe out ... steering is way off do to that , reset to aboyt 1/8- 1/4" in and it will feel much lighter and much more drivable and will not scrub of the tire rubber in 1500 miles.

also do you home work , a fellow on here sell offset bushings that make a ton of difference for camber settings ... MUCH BETTER and high quality .. maybe one of the guys has a quick link.

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 02:51 AM
Administrator

Try Rick the Rocket for the bushings. Easy to change, and great bang for the buck! Rick is on this forum BTW. Factory toe in/out are terrible, mine was set at 3/4" out, plenty of tire scrub! I installed Rick's bushings, and it really made a difference. Tightened everything up. You sound like me and my wife with your Prowler! We love it! I bought ours to plow snow (only part of winter I enjoy! LOL), and then found out we can ride just about everywhere! Not unusual for us to log 300 miles a week on it!

Either - Dick or RD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement