eps code c1305 - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler Electrical Discussions Arctic Cat Prowler electrical discussions.
Lighting, audio, GPS, communications, etc.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

eps code c1305

Hi all its my first post here, lets see how it goes.
I own a 2013 700hdx which I purchased new. After 2 years of no issues with the P/S I now often would lose my power steering and code ( C1305-Rotor Position Encoder Internal EPS Condition Correct EPS condition, then cycle keyswitch On-Off-On) will set but usually only at night with lights (all hid plus 1 6inch led) ,heater, etc on. It at times set in the daytime but I cant remember what is turned on.. If I leave most of my accessories off this problem usually do not occur. I have even installed a second battery but there is no difference . My issue is the code usually for a voltage drop issue is not this 1 but could a voltage drop also cause this to happen? Also the tilt unit on the wheel has become very sloppy and if so could this also cause this code to set were there is so much free play (wheel can move from before 11 o'clock position to past 1 o'clock position before I have any control (I'm in the process of removing the tilt unit all together and going with a straight shaft) Have anyone else also done this?

Thanks for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 06:03 AM
Administrator

Looked at the steering tilt assembly, and it can be swapped out using factory parts. This modification has been changed by many old timers! Not familiar with the PS equipped machines, but someone should chime in shortly. The only code I've ever heard about is the low voltage code. Keep us informed as to what you find.

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 07:40 AM

One of my first EPS controlled boats would flash a code for not having enough voltage to the EPS unit, after running the stereo amplifiers too long. The EPS systems require and consume a lot of power, and if you loose it in one of the large systems, as in the systems boats use, its next to impossible to steer. They went as far as putting a pressure relief valve on some models, to bleed down the system and use as manual. How long have you been running those HID's? I ran HID's for one weekend, and they really took too much power, my voltage gauge normally showed about 13.8 (rectifier charging only) with the lights and heater on, the HID's pulled it down to just over 12. It was too much, even with the alternator turned on and running, it charged under 13. It barely started after we stopped for a break. So I ran home with no heat and only dims. I had 55 watt HIDs that pulled 18.5 amps with all 4 on. My stock 27 watters pull 9. Add that to the dashlights, taillight, heater, ignition system... They take a lot to run and maintain a battery. And as the battery ages, it won't hold the amps it did when it was new. A 300 amp battery may only hold 1/2 the amps after a few years. Do you run your batteries in series or separate for start and accessory?
Throw a fluke on the battery. See how many amps are in it. Then start it, turn on the lights, heater and turn the wheels. You'll be surprised at the drop. I believe the rectifier puts out 25 to 30 amps. I was pulling over 40 amps with heat and bright lights on and I don't have power steering. Getting rid of the HID's and putting in my stockers back it brought it below 20 amps being used and it's been fine, since.
A few idea's. Hope it helps!!!

'09 650XT H1, 72" Eagle Plow, Warn 3500 Winch. Dyna CDI box, UNI filters, A/C V-bag and console, EPI lift kit, Highlifter springs, Scat ProCar suspension seats. Rick the Rockets A frame and shock bushings. 28x12X14 Raceline Bruisers on Vision rims, on all corners. Cowling heat vents. Factory heat and defrost. RD's custom alternator kit. XTZ hood scoop and front shocks. Monster shock covers, turn signals. OEM glass sport windshield, sliding rear window, and lights, lights and more lights!

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 02:24 PM
Administrator

And all this time I thought you were someone Denise kept around for lawncare, and vehicle maintenance! LOL
Bryan likes this.

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 02:32 PM

I thought I was just eyecandy to her...

'09 650XT H1, 72" Eagle Plow, Warn 3500 Winch. Dyna CDI box, UNI filters, A/C V-bag and console, EPI lift kit, Highlifter springs, Scat ProCar suspension seats. Rick the Rockets A frame and shock bushings. 28x12X14 Raceline Bruisers on Vision rims, on all corners. Cowling heat vents. Factory heat and defrost. RD's custom alternator kit. XTZ hood scoop and front shocks. Monster shock covers, turn signals. OEM glass sport windshield, sliding rear window, and lights, lights and more lights!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 05:15 AM
Administrator

Yeah, that too! LOL

Either - Dick or RD
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 04:28 PM
Loyal Member

just goes to show ya , your not equipped to think yet

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 04:55 AM
Administrator

Must be beat it Bryan week! LOL

Either - Dick or RD
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 05:13 AM
Loyal Member

someone's got to, he is a rowdy feller ya know .... I read that on the net so it must be true

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTroyer View Post
someone's got to, he is a rowdy feller ya know .... I read that on the net so it must be true
Rumors, all rumors, Gary!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement