How Many have Intercom/2-Way Radio Set Ups? - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler Electrical Discussions Arctic Cat Prowler electrical discussions.
Lighting, audio, GPS, communications, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

How Many have Intercom/2-Way Radio Set Ups?

Just curious as to how many of you Prowler guys have Intercom or 2-Way Radio set ups in their vehicles.

If you do, post up what you think of them and any pics if you got them!

Chris Brown
[email protected]
888-541-RACE (7223)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedRadios View Post
Just curious as to how many of you Prowler guys have Intercom or 2-Way Radio set ups in their vehicles.

None here to over priced!

2009 Prowler 700 XTX Walker Evans Shocks,STI Roctane 27/9/14 and 27/11/14 tires,Warn skid plates,Ridgid Ind Prerunner Cage,Home made spare tire carrier,Hids high and low beams,1.5 inch wheel spacers,E Brake Alarm, Rear diff vent mod Etc. NO TURF SAVER!
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Jounior Member

4 place + radio + HDS5 Baja

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Loyal Member

Quote:

I have a nice Rugged set up that Matt sold me a year ago. Matt did a great job of promoting Rugged and it's products before he went to management. I hope you are planning on picking up where he left off. I have not been able to test it or use it because I have not done a ride yet where others have had the same set up. I have used the intercom portion with my passengers and it seems to work pretty well. Most of my friends run FRS/GMRS radios on a different band. Can I get an adapter cable that will allow me to run my Motorola Business Radio on FRS/GMRS through my Rugged stuff? If so let me know. Here are some pictures of my install. I still have to paint and powder coat etc.. I ran all radio cables through the roll cage. Pain in the ass that was!

Thanks

Todd
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0545.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	1243   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0549.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	1244   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0551.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	1245  

Last edited by flying121; 06-30-2010 at 02:07 PM.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

RvRat: Glad to see your happy with the set up. That Lowrance is an excellent piece of equipment, saved my ass a few times!

Flying121: We do have the cable you need to hook up your Motorola GMRS/FRS radios. I bet routing those cables was a pain in the ass but well worth it in the end. They will probably last a lifetime. Lookin forward to seeing some pics after powder coat!

Chris Brown
[email protected]
888-541-RACE (7223)
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 02:29 PM
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying121 View Post
I have a nice Rugged set up that Matt sold me a year ago. Matt did a great job of promoting Rugged and it's products before he went to management. I hope you are planning on picking up where he left off. I have not been able to test it or use it because I have not done a ride yet where others have had the same set up. I have used the intercom portion with my passengers and it seems to work pretty well. Most of my friends run FRS/GMRS radios on a different band. Can I get an adapter cable that will allow me to run my Motorola Business Radio on FRS/GMRS through my Rugged stuff? If so let me know. Here are some pictures of my install. I still have to paint and powder coat etc.. I ran all radio cables through the roll cage. Pain in the ass that was!

Thanks

Todd
Wow that looks awesome. I'm trying to get a plate made so I can put my HDS5 in the dash. Proving to be a little difficult. I like how you ran you cables in the tube, very nice. Nice gauges too.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvRat View Post
Wow that looks awesome. I'm trying to get a plate made so I can put my HDS5 in the dash. Proving to be a little difficult. I like how you ran you cables in the tube, very nice. Nice gauges too.
Thanks RvRat it has been a long painful build.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 04:40 PM
Loyal Member

Quote:
RvRat: Glad to see your happy with the set up. That Lowrance is an excellent piece of equipment, saved my ass a few times!

Flying121: We do have the cable you need to hook up your Motorola GMRS/FRS radios. I bet routing those cables was a pain in the ass but well worth it in the end. They will probably last a lifetime. Lookin forward to seeing some pics after powder coat!
I will contact you to get the cable. Thanks
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Lifetime Member

Hey Andy, its me Rick aka Hapa aka GlamisProwler

And yes I run all your stuff in my rhino and Prowler, Matt gave me a great deal and knows me well.

The car to car is the best, the music through the headsets with the auto dim volume is awesome. Like I said on the other forum it saved my but a couple times in the dunes last Saturday night. lol

I do need a couple push to talks for my passengers and I want the new digital sound canceling chips.

Guys if you have not tried the car to car radio's they are really nice, my kids love being able to talk back and forth from the vehicles especially on a long run. the headsets also cancel most outside noise, again nice on long hauls with lots of exhaust noise

http://utvweekly.com/index.php/2009/11/ricks-arctic-cat-prowler-1000/
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamisProwler View Post
Hey Andy, its me Rick aka Hapa aka GlamisProwler

And yes I run all your stuff in my rhino and Prowler, Matt gave me a great deal and knows me well.

The car to car is the best, the music through the headsets with the auto dim volume is awesome. Like I said on the other forum it saved my but a couple times in the dunes last Saturday night. lol

I do need a couple push to talks for my passengers and I want the new digital sound canceling chips.

Guys if you have not tried the car to car radio's they are really nice, my kids love being able to talk back and forth from the vehicles especially on a long run. the headsets also cancel most outside noise, again nice on long hauls with lots of exhaust noise
Thanks Hapa! Yea Matt has clued me in on Hapa and the Cat lolll. I actually swang by during SSSS. You out at Pismo for the 4th? maybe you can swing by the shop tomorrow and pick up those PTT's and DSP chip

Chris Brown
[email protected]
888-541-RACE (7223)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement