insult to injury .. electrical help needed - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler Electrical Discussions Arctic Cat Prowler electrical discussions.
Lighting, audio, GPS, communications, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Loyal Member

insult to injury .. electrical help needed

well have to tattle on myself .. was on several rides this weekend in very off trail heavily wooded area, extreme side hill canted / leaning to left driver side going around some Potlatch gates up on the bank.

well the damn rig went dead in the water, found rig blew a fuse and had to be towed out by a Rhino to flat ground .. found the issue and used one of the other fuses in the block to get it up and running .. about half hour same thing going around another Potlatch gate and yup again it did the same thing so again abandoned another system and stole that fuse after being towed back to straight but still headed up hill and we had to turn around and while doing that again blew the fuse again... only now no extra fuses so towed it back around and lifted drug it back nose down and towed it back over lots of logs and berms to get it back on a road .. found a dirt bike with a 10 amp fuse after an hour looking and then hightailed it back to camp .. no stores in 20 or so miles and it was Sunday in rural north Idaho / no one would be open anyway

so here is the million $$ question .. in the fuse block top left fuse is for what system ?? [no manual yet here and I have not started to track down the issue yet] and the smart azz answer is the system that makes it run LOL I know that answer as all my friends were well into my sh** as they all have Rhino's

so now the rest of the story .. back in camp I took off the fuse cover and just happened to turn over the cap/cover and there was a spare fuse LOL

AND MY FRIENDS WIFE GOT A PIC of me being towed by their Rhino

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us

Last edited by GTroyer; 09-07-2010 at 05:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Loyal Member

At least you got better gas mileage than those rhinos.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTroyer View Post
well have to tattle on myself .. was on several rides this weekend in very off trail heavily wooded area, extreme side hill canted / leaning to left driver side going around some Potlatch gates up on the bank.

well the damn rig went dead in the water, found rig blew a fuse and had to be towed out by a Rhino to flat ground .. found the issue and used one of the other fuses in the block to get it up and running .. about half hour same thing going around another Potlatch gate and yup again it did the same thing so again abandoned another system and stole that fuse after being towed back to straight but still headed up hill and we had to turn around and while doing that again blew the fuse again... only now no extra fuses so towed it back around and lifted drug it back nose down and towed it back over lots of logs and berms to get it back on a road .. found a dirt bike with a 10 amp fuse after an hour looking and then hightailed it back to camp .. no stores in 20 or so miles and it was Sunday in rural north Idaho / no one would be open anyway

so here is the million $$ question .. in the fuse block top left fuse is for what system ?? [no manual yet here and I have not started to track down the issue yet] and the smart azz answer is the system that makes it run LOL I know that answer as all my friends were well into my sh** as they all have Rhino's

so now the rest of the story .. back in camp I took off the fuse cover and just happened to turn over the cap/cover and there was a spare fuse LOL

AND MY FRIENDS WIFE GOT A PIC or me being towed by their Rhino
I think that is the 10 amp ignition fuse? Not sure but I will look tomorrow. It should be listed on the back of that cover where the spare fuses are. When this happens the entire instrument cluster goes dead as well. I changed mine out to a 15 amp and have not had the problem again.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying121 View Post
I think that is the 10 amp ignition fuse? Not sure but I will look tomorrow. It should be listed on the back of that cover where the spare fuses are. When this happens the entire instrument cluster goes dead as well. I changed mine out to a 15 amp and have not had the problem again.
in your case what was the cause of the failed fuse ?

when I ride I don't have my glasses on/with me as they don't fit my Scott goggles [the glass' model ones] so did not read what it said ... figured it would be something I'd chase down at home and after I got some help here.

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTroyer View Post
in your case what was the cause of the failed fuse ?

when I ride I don't have my glasses on/with me as they don't fit my Scott goggles [the glass' model ones] so did not read what it said ... figured it would be something I'd chase down at home and after I got some help here.
It turned out to be a bad contactor for the Warn winch. Every time my elbow would hit the in/out switch near the shifter it would pop the ignition fuse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement