Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

Heated Steering Wheel??

8K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  de3 
#1 ·
Well I live, well Winter central. Winnipeg MB Canada to be exact. City's nick name is "Winterpeg". Very easy in January it can be -40F

So the hunt is on for a heated steering wheel. I googled my azz off and only found ones for vehicles or golf carts. Which wouldn't work cuase the heat would never transfer threw the mitt/glove.

So asking if anyone has come across a "real" heated steering wheel or maybe to some of the custom manufactures on here to come up with one.

yes I could just buy a hard/soft enclosure but its just the hands that get cold holding the wheel.

#5 ·
#6 ·
Here is what I've been researching
Ya that is the golf cart one I was referring too. I just can't see that being hot enough to transfer heat threw a mitt or glove. Plus they don't mention who is the manufacture either.

Just can't see it being good when ATV handle bar warmers are 100.00+

#7 ·
I only paid about $30.00 for the bar warmers for my atv's in the past and they worked great, most of the time could only run them on low.

You could look into heated steering wheels from cars that ran them but they aren't going to be waterproof and don't think they'll get any hotter since you usually don't drive a car with gloves on.

I've got a golf cart dealer near me but just haven't had time to get over there and see what he knows about the covers.

#8 ·
I think I,ll start with a windshield and home made defrost. 12v hair dryer under the dash.

#10 ·
It never ends on what our members need! Never gave much thought about a heated steering wheel, but it would be nice in that environment. I have heated grips on my snowmobile, and I have to use them on low also, too hot on high, and this is through snowmobile gloves!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.