Need a wiring diagram for 2006 Prowler 650 - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler Electrical Discussions Arctic Cat Prowler electrical discussions.
Lighting, audio, GPS, communications, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Need a wiring diagram for 2006 Prowler 650

This weekend I bought a used 2006 Prowler but he did not have the owners or service manuals. He has added a bunch of things like four HID lights on top, a stereo and 4 speakers, a cheap winch and some LED taillights. All of this is coming off. He also added a second battery but only has a two pole isolator and I want to change that so I can run either battery, both or shut power off completely.
I also noticed yesterday the radiator fan does not come on and someone told me to check the relay but I'm not sure where it is.

I want to clean all this stuff up because the batteries drain overnight so something is either shorted or drawing power when it should not be. The main battery is a new gel cell and the second one is an Interstate, they shouldstay up for a month or two shouldn't they even if I forget to put the battery maintainer on?
My Polaris Sportsman can sit for 3 or 4 months with a 4 year old battery and still start right up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 11:51 AM
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Thanks, very helpful.
Something else you may be able to help me with are the pages of the owners manual that show how to use the buttons and features on the digital dash pod. There are two buttons but I don't know how to set things or even what warnings and features it has.
I checked at Motorcity and an owners manual is like $29 and they said its pointless except for those instructions.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertRat View Post
This weekend I bought a used 2006 Prowler but he did not have the owners or service manuals. He has added a bunch of things like four HID lights on top, a stereo and 4 speakers, a cheap winch and some LED taillights. All of this is coming off. He also added a second battery but only has a two pole isolator and I want to change that so I can run either battery, both or shut power off completely.
I also noticed yesterday the radiator fan does not come on and someone told me to check the relay but I'm not sure where it is.

I want to clean all this stuff up because the batteries drain overnight so something is either shorted or drawing power when it should not be. The main battery is a new gel cell and the second one is an Interstate, they shouldstay up for a month or two shouldn't they even if I forget to put the battery maintainer on?
My Polaris Sportsman can sit for 3 or 4 months with a 4 year old battery and still start right up.
I just had the same fan problem with my prowler. Look under the driver seat and take off the small fuse box lid. there should be a diode with an arrow on it. Take it out and have it checked. It will look like a fuse, but black. My local auto parts store checked mine for me. But you 'll have to order it from your local dealer on an online oem arctic cat parts house. There only like $5.00 or $6.00. Hope that takes care of if for ya.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

07 Prowler 650 H1 XT
3000lb. Warn winch
2" lift by Highlifter
30" Silverbacks on 14" SS112's
FMF Powercore exhaust
Dynatech CDI box
rejetted with Jets R Us OEM jets
stage 1&2 by ///AIRDAM
clocked secondary to B3
19 gram rollers (red)
2" snorkel by me
chrome skull shifter
LED tail lights in bed by me
fog lights
roof
custom doors by me
custom removable rear cage by me & friends
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Thanks, I will check it out.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertRat View Post
Thanks, very helpful.
Something else you may be able to help me with are the pages of the owners manual that show how to use the buttons and features on the digital dash pod. There are two buttons but I don't know how to set things or even what warnings and features it has.
I checked at Motorcity and an owners manual is like $29 and they said its pointless except for those instructions.
PM me your email and I will try and send you the info

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

I have tried PMing you twice but evidently I need a minimum number of posts to PM?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Founding Member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement