Good deal ?? - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 10
 
Good deal ??

My 06 650 prowler has been in shop for three weeks, got a call today saying it going to cost me 4000 - 4500 to go thru and fix. I don't really want to invest anymore money in it. He offered to sell me a used 09 650 prowler. W/ 80 hrs. On it for 6250. What do y'all think? Sounds good.
BIGHEADBOY is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 02:54 AM
de3
Loyal Member
 
de3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: parkersburg wva
Posts: 8,040
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHEADBOY View Post
My 06 650 prowler has been in shop for three weeks, got a call today saying it going to cost me 4000 - 4500 to go thru and fix. I don't really want to invest anymore money in it. He offered to sell me a used 09 650 prowler. W/ 80 hrs. On it for 6250. What do y'all think? Sounds good.
Yea for sure,I dont think I would put that kind of money fixing up a 2006 model.how many miles on the 2009..........whats wrong with the 2006 model.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
de3 is offline  
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 02:57 AM
Lifetime Member
 
muddogefi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: r.i.
Posts: 1,083
 
what kindof shape is it in ?? is he taking yours in on trade ?? whats he gonna give you for yours??

2012 prowler xtx custom doors ,bumpers ,lightbar,windshield.rollcage ,stereo,5000lb winch,28"wsamp lites ,1 1/2"wheel spacers.custom graphics,custom rear roll bar,factory fender flares cb radio ltz hoodscoop ac soft top and rear window,ac aluminium skidplates,temp and volt guage ,2"lift kit and sti beadlock wheels
muddogefi is offline  
 
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 10
 
The 09 has only 240 miles on it. The 06 has a bad crankshaft,clutch issues,carburator ,bent exhaust valves,bad 4wd actuator timing chain, just for starts .. He take 500 on trade.
BIGHEADBOY is offline  
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 06:32 AM
de3
Loyal Member
 
de3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: parkersburg wva
Posts: 8,040
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHEADBOY View Post
The 09 has only 240 miles on it. The 06 has a bad crankshaft,clutch issues,carburator ,bent exhaust valves,bad 4wd actuator timing chain, just for starts .. He take 500 on trade.
I know at my local dealer I can buy a complete motor for 2650 thats everything less carb..I have a almost new carb for sale.sounds like a pretty good deal on the 09.If you decide to buy the 09 I would keep the 650,you can get more than 500 dollars out of it

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
de3 is offline  
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2013, 03:49 AM
Rides all the time
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Middleton, ID
Posts: 1,489
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by de3 View Post
I know at my local dealer I can buy a complete motor for 2650 thats everything less carb..I have a almost new carb for sale.sounds like a pretty good deal on the 09.If you decide to buy the 09 I would keep the 650,you can get more than 500 dollars out of it
I agree with Mike. $500 is a joke offer for that Prowler, even with a busted motor. You can either decide to buy a new motor and stick with your 650, or spend the extra money for the '09 and hold on to your 650 and rebuild it or sell as is for more than $500.

Name: Shane

-2011 Polaris RZR-4 800 (SOLD)
-1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)
out west is offline  
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Administrator
 
Fairmont79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kingman, AZ 86409
Posts: 7,109
 
All things considered, if your 650 is in good condition other than the power train, I'd invest in a new engine, it would have all new parts, including the clutch. Front actuator is around 150, engine 2650, couple of days work and you end up with a good machine for 3000. Downside is it is an older model, but it's yours and not the banks, and it would be worth more than 500!!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
Fairmont79 is offline  
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Lifetime Member
 
muddogefi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: r.i.
Posts: 1,083
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont79 View Post
All things considered, if your 650 is in good condition other than the power train, I'd invest in a new engine, it would have all new parts, including the clutch. Front actuator is around 150, engine 2650, couple of days work and you end up with a good machine for 3000. Downside is it is an older model, but it's yours and not the banks, and it would be worth more than 500!!
i second that,,i had an 08 prowler that came out real nice that i owned it had a motor noise so i traided it in for a rzr that i didn't like,, then i traided that in for my xtx wich i love but its not that much difference from my 08,,,,,if i could do it all over, i would have just put a new motor in it,,,insted i have a loan for 7000.00 ,, what kind of shape is your prowler in besides the motor the red one was my 08 the orange one is my 012 xtx
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	532710_390580080993751_1465557133_n.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	15249   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131124_1.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	15257  

2012 prowler xtx custom doors ,bumpers ,lightbar,windshield.rollcage ,stereo,5000lb winch,28"wsamp lites ,1 1/2"wheel spacers.custom graphics,custom rear roll bar,factory fender flares cb radio ltz hoodscoop ac soft top and rear window,ac aluminium skidplates,temp and volt guage ,2"lift kit and sti beadlock wheels
muddogefi is offline  
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2013, 02:51 PM
de3
Loyal Member
 
de3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: parkersburg wva
Posts: 8,040
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddogefi View Post
i second that,,i had an 08 prowler that came out real nice that i owned it had a motor noise so i traided it in for a rzr that i didn't like,, then i traided that in for my xtx wich i love but its not that much difference from my 08,,,,,if i could do it all over, i would have just put a new motor in it,,,insted i have a loan for 7000.00 ,, what kind of shape is your prowler in besides the motor the red one was my 08 the orange one is my 012 xtx
Heck the 08 looked good also.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
de3 is offline  
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Administrator
 
Fairmont79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kingman, AZ 86409
Posts: 7,109
 
My 09 will die with me! Lots of life left in both of us! LOL

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
Fairmont79 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73