Any one got any Ideas ? - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Any one got any Ideas ?

I have owned my artic cat about a month now and so far have had no problems , I hauled 3 loads of woods in from the timber and used 4 wheel drive and all the gears and it ran perfect , but now I have a problem a comming on and would like some ideas on just how to fix it ,or at the very least tell me which way to go.
I have a rear tire going flat . yep ! losing air slowly . Just thought it would be maybe a first to post a problem as this ,,so lets have it !! What should I do about it to fix the problem?
All imput will be read and and considered. LOL have fun .. gopapa

A Hemi-Spherical First
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
I have owned my artic cat about a month now and so far have had no problems , I hauled 3 loads of woods in from the timber and used 4 wheel drive and all the gears and it ran perfect , but now I have a problem a comming on and would like some ideas on just how to fix it ,or at the very least tell me which way to go.
I have a rear tire going flat . yep ! losing air slowly . Just thought it would be maybe a first to post a problem as this ,,so lets have it !! What should I do about it to fix the problem?
All imput will be read and and considered. LOL have fun .. gopapa
You can take it off and fill your bath tub with water place your tire in it and rotate it slowly to see where the leak is and put a plug in it or get some slime and put in it and run it for a while to make sure the slime gets all over the tire inside and it will seal up the slow leaks.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Jounior Member

you could take it to a tire shop and they can fix a slow leak for you. Unless you see where the tire was pucntured the leak is more than likely coming from the bead or the valve stem.

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000
Korporate X 2 seat cage
Rugged Radios 2 place intercom
Twisted Stitch Vortex seats
Prestige doors and tie rods
Eagle Eye HID's

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Loyal Member

I would air it up to normal and spray some soapy water on it till you find the leak and then plug it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Do they have tubes in them ? I think I would like tubes in them,,that way you can not break the bead and let air out..

A Hemi-Spherical First
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Loyal Member

Well if you put tubes in em you cannot plug and just air em back up on the trail. Might be kinda interesting having to take them off the wheel every time to patch the tube.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

In my case I do not hit the sands or do I race (anyway not yet. LOL) so it looks like I should carry a spare wheel with a tire on it all pumped up if I get away from my property such as a trail at some far away park....

Maybe not needing tubes though ,,still thinking on it.. I put tubes in my wheel borrows so when I haul heavy loads I dont roll the tires that make me lose air out from the beads.. does this explanation make sense?

A Hemi-Spherical First
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Loyal Member

It does but I am not sure if you realize what it takes to knock one of these of the bead.

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Jounior Member

You have to realize some people who have never plugged a tire are a little squeamish about doing so. Hell i have put as many as 7 in one hole at times. Those rocks are hard on side walls. I always carry about 30 plugs and a 12 volt compressor.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Loyal Member

The most I have ever put in at one time is ten in a sidewall. And they stayed in the tire for a good twenty miles back to the truck. Arizona should have been called sharp rocks instead of az.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement