Info on a soft cab - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Info on a soft cab

Hey all, question for you, I was just given a soft cab for my XTZ by a friend that never used the one that was given to him. It is obviously not for the XTZ. Here is why. Who can tell me more about it, and maybe a ball park price for selling it?

When on the xtz, centered as well as I can see:

It is about 4" too short vertically both on front windshield and rear window. This is the distance from the dash where the half windshield I have sits flush, to the bottom of where the soft cab windshield sits. Assuming the roll cage is too tall.

It is also really floppy where the roll up doors hang at the top opening for the doors. Assuming the "x" framing for the roll cage may be different than other models. And does not allow the soft cab to stretch tight at this point.

All I know is that the original owner, had either a 550 or a 650. It was given to my buddy who has a 650, and he said it fit well on that. Does this sound like it would be correct. Anybody have a price, or want to trade. It is in mint condition, and has all velcro material to attach it. I am looking for a full windshield, or a soft cab for the xtz. It has the flexible acrylic windshield, rear window and side windows. The doors are zippered, and have straps so you can roll it up and tie it up for the open look.

Thank you!

Bauer

2010 Desert Red XTZ 1000 aka The Dependent

KFI Stealth SE-45 4500lb winch - UTV Inc Coolant Temp kit with AutoMeter Arctic White Gauge - Frankenstein UTV Inc Oil pressure kit with AutoMeter Arctic White Gauge - SuperBrightLED's 30" 90W light bar - Warn Trail lights for reverse lights - American Eagle Manufacturing 72" V-Force V plow with Electric Turn System - Maxxis Bighorn rubbers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 11:25 AM
Lifetime Member

as far as I know ,there is no difference between an xtz ,or a 550 ,my buddy just got rid of his 550 and got a xtz swapped the soft cab over ,no probems at all.....every thing is the same machine exept for the motor,,,,in 2011 they changed from square tube rollcages to round tube cages that's the only changes they made.............

2012 prowler xtx custom doors ,bumpers ,lightbar,windshield.rollcage ,stereo,5000lb winch,28"wsamp lites ,1 1/2"wheel spacers.custom graphics,custom rear roll bar,factory fender flares cb radio ltz hoodscoop ac soft top and rear window,ac aluminium skidplates,temp and volt guage ,2"lift kit and sti beadlock wheels
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Loyal Member

suggest taking it to a tent and awning place to see what it costs to add/subtract some material …. my bet it would be reasonable $$ to modify it to fit nice …. Tent and Awning mfg.'s can do magic at reasonable dollars [also upholstery shops can do similar work reasonable especially if asking for "busy work" timeframe , meaning do it when you have time v/s rush order]

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 11:34 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post
hey all, question for you, i was just given a soft cab for my xtz by a friend that never used the one that was given to him. It is obviously not for the xtz. Here is why. Who can tell me more about it, and maybe a ball park price for selling it?

When on the xtz, centered as well as i can see:

It is about 4" too short vertically both on front windshield and rear window. This is the distance from the dash where the half windshield i have sits flush, to the bottom of where the soft cab windshield sits. Assuming the roll cage is too tall.

It is also really floppy where the roll up doors hang at the top opening for the doors. Assuming the "x" framing for the roll cage may be different than other models. And does not allow the soft cab to stretch tight at this point.

All i know is that the original owner, had either a 550 or a 650. It was given to my buddy who has a 650, and he said it fit well on that. Does this sound like it would be correct. Anybody have a price, or want to trade. It is in mint condition, and has all velcro material to attach it. I am looking for a full windshield, or a soft cab for the xtz. It has the flexible acrylic windshield, rear window and side windows. The doors are zippered, and have straps so you can roll it up and tie it up for the open look.

Thank you!
like muddogefi said the cages are the same..................

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

hmm, wonder why in the world I cant get those extra inches. Guess Ill go back and see what I can do. Dont suppose the discrepancy is in the round vs square frame tubing??

Bauer

KFI Stealth SE-45 4500lb winch - UTV Inc Coolant Temp kit with AutoMeter Arctic White Gauge - Frankenstein UTV Inc Oil pressure kit with AutoMeter Arctic White Gauge - SuperBrightLED's 30" 90W light bar - Warn Trail lights for reverse lights - American Eagle Manufacturing 72" V-Force V plow with Electric Turn System - Maxxis Bighorn rubbers
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 11:47 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
hmm, wonder why in the world i cant get those extra inches. Guess ill go back and see what i can do. Dont suppose the discrepancy is in the round vs square frame tubing??
bauer,did it come off a round cage.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

I am beginning to wonder, but have no way to find out. It is certainly how it appears. It is also hanging up on the 3rd brake light, either covers it, or wont pull down far enough past it.

That, or it is not off a arctic cat, which the fitment would seem to be more of a boxy roll cage, without the round curves like our AC's have. There is no brand/part no/model no info on the fabric anywhere.

All I really wanted was a full windshield for pushing snow, guy who gave it to me said he did not want it back. I may just take after it with a knife and get what I want out of it. I can see the doors will just piss me off anyways the way they hang, will be wacking me in the cheek when going over bumps and rocking side to side. Surgery will be involved anyways as I would need to make a cut out for the light bar.

Bauer

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Jounior Member

Can you post a pic of it on your prowler? We could then get a better idea of whats goin on. I might be interested in buying it from you also???
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 01:18 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
i am beginning to wonder, but have no way to find out. It is certainly how it appears. It is also hanging up on the 3rd brake light, either covers it, or wont pull down far enough past it.

That, or it is not off a arctic cat, which the fitment would seem to be more of a boxy roll cage, without the round curves like our ac's have. There is no brand/part no/model no info on the fabric anywhere.

All i really wanted was a full windshield for pushing snow, guy who gave it to me said he did not want it back. I may just take after it with a knife and get what i want out of it. I can see the doors will just piss me off anyways the way they hang, will be wacking me in the cheek when going over bumps and rocking side to side. Surgery will be involved anyways as i would need to make a cut out for the light bar.
post some pictures if you can.....................i would like to see how it is fitting.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

ok, it very likely is for a round tube roll cage, I made it work by zipping the doors completely off rather than cutting, used the velcro and some zip ties to attach it snugly to the frame. I still have the 4" gap at the front and the rear, but it does fit tightly and with the half windshield I have, it is not an issue. I did slightly notch the fabric for my light bar and just came back from taking it for a cruise. I am going to keep it and leave it as is. It provides what I am looking for at the perfect cost FREE!!

I did try a drive with the doors on. When will arctic cat wizen up and move these damn motors out of the cab area. anything over 25mph was in definite need of ear plugs. Rode in a buddies new ranger 900xp with a steel cab, it has a rear'ish mount motor but is outside the cab. with tracks, at 30mph, could talk without raising our voices. Too bad he seriously lacks the zip that I have with the xtz or I would consider switching.

Bauer

Sponsored Links
Advertisement