2'' Lift and Tires ??? - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 01:23 AM Thread Starter

2'' Lift and Tires ???

Good day people, I am new to the fourm. I have a 09 700 XTX. Just needing some advice on possibly doing a 2'' lift. I have considered the tracks would be awsome... But I do not have the time to ride enough in the winter to justify the cost. Was wondering if i put a 2'' lift on, how big of tire can I go with. Thinking for my use some more ground clearance and some evil tires she would probaly do me just fine.. What would you all reccomend for that set up?? Thanks in advance for the input.

Shaune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 01:30 AM
Founding Member

I bought a 2" lift from Extreme products and it's a really good product. Not sure how big of a tire you could put under it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

SETH
TEAM PROWLER NATION
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 03:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertcat View Post
I bought a 2" lift from Extreme products and it's a really good product. Not sure how big of a tire you could put under it.
Thanks, I will check them out.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 07:41 AM
Rides all the time

Welcome to the site Shaune! When you do get that lift and new tires...definately post some pics. Plowboy put some big tires on his Prowler, what is he using for a lift?
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Founding Member

How soon are you wanting to get the lift?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

SETH
TEAM PROWLER NATION
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Not a big rush... but the one that you mentioned abouve looks like the way to go... They say a guy can fit up to 32'' tire with it. I think that 28 or 29'' would be good for me.. What do you think about 1'' spacers as well to equalize out the look of the machine??
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustanggeek View Post
Welcome to the site Shaune! When you do get that lift and new tires...definately post some pics. Plowboy put some big tires on his Prowler, what is he using for a lift?
Thanks for the welcome! I will post some pics once i do the work.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaune View Post
Good day people, I am new to the fourm. I have a 09 700 XTX. Just needing some advice on possibly doing a 2'' lift. I have considered the tracks would be awsome... But I do not have the time to ride enough in the winter to justify the cost. Was wondering if i put a 2'' lift on, how big of tire can I go with. Thinking for my use some more ground clearance and some evil tires she would probaly do me just fine.. What would you all reccomend for that set up?? Thanks in advance for the input.

Shaune
Welcome Home!
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 10:39 PM

Shaune,

If you do consider the track kit I would suggest the Tatou 4S Tracks from Camoplast. I bought a set last year and put them on my 08 XTX and wow!! I had a lot of fun last winter, Cant wait for it to snow again. There are a few things I liked about the Tatou Kit Vs. some of the others. First, the 4s means 4 seasons. They are designed to run in snow, mud, sand, dirt, rocks...you name it these will do it. However, I do think running them in the snow is the most satisfying. On dirt and rocks the ride is very rough and turning them is tougher but do-able. The pricing was better on this kit that some of the others I looked at. I also liked the quality of the rollers and hardware used.

The other thing to remember is that the tracks are definately not for you if you want to go fast with them on. It takes your top speed down to about 25 mph. But, it really gears the machine low and you can climb like crazy and the traction is unbeleivable.

If your not in the snow much then you will probably like the lift and mudders just fine. Just thought you might like some info on the tracks.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmombert View Post
Shaune,

If you do consider the track kit I would suggest the Tatou 4S Tracks from Camoplast. I bought a set last year and put them on my 08 XTX and wow!! I had a lot of fun last winter, Cant wait for it to snow again. There are a few things I liked about the Tatou Kit Vs. some of the others. First, the 4s means 4 seasons. They are designed to run in snow, mud, sand, dirt, rocks...you name it these will do it. However, I do think running them in the snow is the most satisfying. On dirt and rocks the ride is very rough and turning them is tougher but do-able. The pricing was better on this kit that some of the others I looked at. I also liked the quality of the rollers and hardware used.

The other thing to remember is that the tracks are definately not for you if you want to go fast with them on. It takes your top speed down to about 25 mph. But, it really gears the machine low and you can climb like crazy and the traction is unbeleivable.

If your not in the snow much then you will probably like the lift and mudders just fine. Just thought you might like some info on the tracks.
Right on, thanks for the info.. I am still up in the air on what to do.. I have seen the tracks you are talking about.. Do you mind me asking what they cost you? Have you seen the set that arctic cat now offers? Wonder how they compare.. I am in Canada, but working close to the North Dakota border and will be buying my add ons there no matter what they may end up being.
Thanks,
Shaune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement