Disappointment Continues - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Disappointment Continues **UPDATE WOO HOO**

I has almost been a month now since our XTZ burned in buttercup. Since then AC has asked for pictures and had the dealer remove and ship the Parking brake rotor and caliper back for evaluation. That was over two weeks ago and my patience is wearing thin. Then I recieved a call this past Friday from a rep who smoothe talking and all said no one was at AC to evaluate anything because of "hunting season". C'mon are there like 5 people there who can handle this? Is the company that small that the ENTIRE department is out hunting? So she explains her sympathy and appologizes up and down for the wait but said she would call with an update definately by Tuesday of this week................Its now Thursday late afternoon (in Minesota anyway) and still nothing. My wife calls the rep and she again appologizes and explains she is having difficulty pulling a meeting together to find out what it is they want to do...My feeling is that they are just trying to find a way to blame us for the fire and avoid dealing with this all together.

Reasons for my rising blood pressure:

I have gotten a bill already for a melted heap of metal in my garage

My wife could have been seriously burned or killed in this product

AC has taken apart my machine and is sitting on their hands twittling thumbs while interest on the loan continues to compound

Man I really hate smoothe talking CSR reps!!!!

Last edited by prowlercat; 11-20-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Jounior Member

didnt you have insurance on it??? I would think that it would be covered under your fire & theft. and sorry for your loss and glad no one was hurt
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Founding Member

Hopefully you do have insurance on it. That way you can also get the insurance adjusters looking into the matter. Good luck.

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

That there in lies our problem. No insurance. We bought it on a tuesday and left that thursday to the sand dunes. We were planning on getting insurance for it when we returned. We were not going to do anything with the prowler except putting around to get ice and basically break it in.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Loyal Member

Prowlercat, the good thing is that they are talking to you. I know that is not good enough right now with what you are going through. However that is how all of them weather it is yamaha or bmw handle these things. Not saying that it could not be a little faster with another company but they are looking at the brake rotor, caliper etc. Like you I would be pissed that I did not have a answer yet. I know this is gonna be hard to swallow but I am learning that the more diplomatic I become as I go through this kinda stuff the more leverage it seems to give me. Granted sometimes diplomacy has its limits and you have to get nasty sometimes. But I will say the nice part has it's advantages in that they can't just hang up on you. And if any of your phone calls or corrasponces are brought up later you look like a victim and not a jerk. Just my opinions here.
Sounds to me like you need to be compensated for your lost riding time too.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Well I am glad you brought that up, because that is a valid point. And believe me I have been keeping track of when, who, time of day calls have been made just in case this has to go to the next step we are prepared. We have not gotten nasty yet, but their responses have not reassured me that they working on it. More like well get to it when we get to it.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Loyal Member

Well here is something for you to think about. The only people that AC has on staff That could really look at the parts that were sent to them are engineers. And I would bet that they are not qualified even though they are engineers to really know what they are looking at. Yes they can tell you that there was a fire and stuff got really hot. And maybe a few more technical details that you or I could not see. But as far as them being able to say yep the muffler bearing caused the fire or the parking brake was left on caused it I really doubt. In my opinion they probably shipped it out for a qualified person or lab to examine it. Or maybe they have someone that they sub contract to come examine. Either way I am pretty sure they are waiting on results. The real deal is that you are entitled to be treated as good as anyone else who had a fire. And I sure hope they will not discriminate against you. So if they gave up a new cat to the other guy and compensated him than you are entitled to that too.
Very smart to be keeping track of everything like you stated. But if you have a minute just think about what I wrote about them not having answers yet. That is BS they just don't have anyone qualified there that would hold up in court.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 08:47 AM

You know like I said befor .... what a @@@@@@@@ JOKE everybody is Hunting ??? what the @@@@ do the people who own the Arctic Cat stock think about that ??? well I guess they arnt happy either 6.38s cent a share ... what a joke. I guess thats why they will never be as big as yamaha or honda .. I can guaran####ingt-it they dont shut down shop to to go Hunting ....... The first mistake you made was sending them ####...thats what attorneys are for ........ you think they are going to look at your rotor and say oh gosh sure thing no signs of wear here ... heres your new arctic cat .... ya im sure they hand these things out like m&m s

keep us updated because there are lots of attorneys that love class action lawsuits .......... oh did I forget to mention they still havnt called me back from any of the calls I made to them ...

Skime, Roger 66 1983 Vice President - Research & Development
Ray, Ronald 60 2004 Vice President - Operations
Blount, Terry 66 1996 Vice President - Human Resources
Jordan, Claude 52 2008 President, Chief Operating Officer
Roering, Kenneth 67 --Lead Director
Walker, Mary 54 2007General Manager - Parts, Garments and Accessories
Ostrander, Gregg 56 1995Director
Dondelinger, Robert 73 1983Director
Lester, Susan 52 2004Director
Masayoshi, Ito 55 2004Director
Delmore, Timothy 551 989Chief Financial Officer,
Corporate SecretaryTwomey, Christopher

Look at the ages of these guys ... you better have those deer chained up lol

623-934-3070
Please understand we support many forums and cant keep up with Private messages or questions on the forum boards so
If you have a question Please Call the Retail Shop 623-934-3070

Last edited by Johnny; 11-20-2009 at 09:47 AM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 09:08 AM
Loyal Member

[quote=Johnny;10479]You know like I said befor .... what a fucking JOKE everybody is Hunting ??? what the fuck do the people who own the Arctic Cat stock think about that ??? well I guess they arnt happy either 6.38s cent a share ... what a joke. I guess thats why they will never be as big as yamaha or honda .. I can guaranfuckingt-it they dont shut down shop to to go Hunting ....... The first mistake you made was sending them shit...thats what attorneys are for ........ you think they are going to look at your rotor and say oh gosh sure thing no signs of wear here ... heres your new arctic cat .... ya im sure they hand these things out like m&m s

keep us updated because there are lots of attorneys that love class action lawsuits .......... oh did I forget to mention they still havnt called me back from any of the call I made to them ...

Skime, Roger 66 1983 Vice President - Research & Development
Ray, Ronald 60 2004 Vice President - Operations
Blount, Terry 66 1996 Vice President - Human Resources
Jordan, Claude 52 2008 President, Chief Operating Officer
Roering, Kenneth 67 --Lead Director
Walker, Mary 54 2007General Manager - Parts, Garments and Accessories
Ostrander, Gregg 56 1995Director
Dondelinger, Robert 73 1983Director
Lester, Susan 52 2004Director
Masayoshi, Ito 55 2004Director
Delmore, Timothy 551 989Chief Financial Officer,
Corporate SecretaryTwomey, Christopher

Look at the ages of these guys ... you better have those deer chained up lol[/quo

Last edited by Joes5091; 11-20-2009 at 09:15 AM.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 09:35 AM

sorry about the F bomb

623-934-3070
Please understand we support many forums and cant keep up with Private messages or questions on the forum boards so
If you have a question Please Call the Retail Shop 623-934-3070

Last edited by Johnny; 11-20-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement