Snow in cab - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Snow in cab

Been reading about the negative air effect that having a full windshield and roof create in the cab. My 2.5 year old daughter and I were out playing in the snow and she wanted to go for a ride. To stay up on top of the hard snow we had to keep our speed up and in doing so we seemed to get a lot of light snow coming back into the cab from either behind the seats or behind the tailgate.

I would like to prevent this from happening this summer trail riding with the kids, but I also farm full time and the fields can get dusty.

I'm not for certain but I believe the windshield is the arctic cat one. Metal framing with vent slots on the bottom with a slide to open and close inside the cab.

If I open the vents up with help with the problem and get enough air flow coming through?

What about a rear windshield? Or without a full cab will this not fix the problem?

2008 AC Prowler 650XT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Lifetime Member

running a rear window will solve all your problems,,,,, even with dust in the summer ,,,,you wont believe the difference it will even keep the wind off your back...

2012 prowler xtx custom doors ,bumpers ,lightbar,windshield.rollcage ,stereo,5000lb winch,28"wsamp lites ,1 1/2"wheel spacers.custom graphics,custom rear roll bar,factory fender flares cb radio ltz hoodscoop ac soft top and rear window,ac aluminium skidplates,temp and volt guage ,2"lift kit and sti beadlock wheels
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 04:29 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmernick View Post
been reading about the negative air effect that having a full windshield and roof create in the cab. My 2.5 year old daughter and i were out playing in the snow and she wanted to go for a ride. To stay up on top of the hard snow we had to keep our speed up and in doing so we seemed to get a lot of light snow coming back into the cab from either behind the seats or behind the tailgate.

I would like to prevent this from happening this summer trail riding with the kids, but i also farm full time and the fields can get dusty.

I'm not for certain but i believe the windshield is the arctic cat one. Metal framing with vent slots on the bottom with a slide to open and close inside the cab.

If i open the vents up with help with the problem and get enough air flow coming through?

What about a rear windshield? Or without a full cab will this not fix the problem?
a full windshield will cause a back draft, opening your vents will help some but not much.in 2010 they came with a dust shield that goes behind the seats, a few of us has installed them and it helps a lot but not a cheap project.a rear cover helps a lot also but holds a lot of heat in the summer,some of the rear covers you can roll up but the ones for the square cages are getting hard to find.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 05:47 AM
Administrator

I have the factory windshield with the slide vents, they do not keep the dust from being drawn back in the cab. I did install the 2010 & up dust shield behind the seats, major improvement!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 07:26 AM
Loyal Member

I've had both since new [windshield and back window] and can say I ride in very dusty conditions in summer or better said a week after snow melts it turns to dust ]… wouldn't get near the ride time without the two working together, BUTTT a very good dust mask is a must also.
BTW about that , I found some very cheep and work great throwaway masks at Harbor Freight .. I buy them two or three boxes at a time [50 pack IIRC] . they look like surgical masks and un-fold out to your needed size for your face configuration .

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us

Last edited by GTroyer; 02-10-2014 at 07:33 AM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 07:29 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Very good information members....................

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Is there a brand that works well for a rear windshield and alternatively is there certain ones to stay away from. Don't mind spending money if it lasts. Thanks for all the help.

2008 AC Prowler 650XT
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 12:39 PM
Loyal Member

FYI .. when this one becomes to bad for continued use I'm going to the tent n awning to get a custom fit one with roll up clear window section .. all that I have seen are fit's all and they really leave to many gaps for dust or wet to enter.
the price would IMHO be better that these fits all ones too.

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2014, 04:22 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmernick View Post
Is there a brand that works well for a rear windshield and alternatively is there certain ones to stay away from. Don't mind spending money if it lasts. Thanks for all the help.
farmernick,you have the square cage like I got,I have the factory A/C one it fits great,but I looked every where for one and a member on here found me one at BOBS ARCTIC CAT IN MICHIGAN,IT WAS THERE LAST ONE ,ALL THE ONES ON E-BAY ARE FOR THE ROUND CAGE WHEN I WAS LOOKING.I paid 119 for mine,there is some that is fit all, or you can buy a solid clear one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement