Extended Warranty? Ya or Na - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

View Poll Results: Get the warranty?
Yes --Its well worth it 11 45.83%
No --Save your money 13 54.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Extended Warranty? Ya or Na

In a few months here my 6mo manufacture warranty will be up.

Right now she is in for head gaskets, diff seals, water pump gasket, (and a 4 seater cage)

How many of you have purchased the extended warranty? Or would advise on purchasing the warranty.

2009 Orange XTZ
Prestige Motorsports 4 seat cage, tie rods. UtvInc skids, half doors. 1.5in wheel spacers.

http://www.prowlertalk.net/forums/ar...html#post37739
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 07:32 AM
Loyal Member

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

I havent shopped around yet, but I recall it is in the $1k range.

2009 Orange XTZ
Prestige Motorsports 4 seat cage, tie rods. UtvInc skids, half doors. 1.5in wheel spacers.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 10:21 AM
Loyal Member

That is a tough one. A thousand is kinda high I think. But on the other side it could be cheap if something major goes wrong. I guess it depends on if you are confident that you will not have any other issues other than what you have right now. As far as I know they are transferable and that could help with resale later.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 11:21 AM
Rides all the time

You could also look at it this way...if you have the $1k now, you might not have it later when something major needs to be fixed. I don't know, but the $1k is alot cheaper than a motor if needed later.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Jounior Member

extended warranty doesnt eliminate the real problem.. idiot dealers.. at least in my case.. I have extended warranty and didnt use it because my local dealer wont do or doesnt know howto repair it correctly.. I know there are some excellent dealers on this board but it didnt make sense for me to spend $200 in gas to bring my arctic cat to them when I could spend $200 in parts and know its done right.. wonder if i can cash out my extended warranty
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 05:36 PM

My dealer sold me the extended warranty as part of my XTZ original purchase. I was facing the fact that I would not likely be able to ride until spring and the warranty would be expiring. He sold the extended plan to me for $600.

In light of some of the issues others have experienced, I feel okay about getting the one I did. I figure after spending $14,000+, I could invest in an extended warranty AND full coverage insurance to protect my expenditure.

I had an extended plan on my Rhino (the Yamaha YES Plan). I bought it just before the first warranty expired. I never used it, but I did shop for it and found a big difference in various dealer's selling prices for the same warranty. I did not bother shopping for the Arctic Cat warranty as the $600 price offered was what I would expect to get after shopping around.

Terry
2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 Baja - ITP beadlock wheels, ITP Baja Cross X/D tires, 2" wheel spacers, harness bar, 5 point harnesses, custom doors, 4 Vision X LED lights, 2 PIAA lights, RAM mounts on roll bar and dash, military truck mirrors, polished aluminum rear frame brace, inside tube rear frame stiffeners, Mossy Oak camo pattern seats, custom front brush guard, parking brake 'on' alarm, Throttlemaxx controller, Uni pre-filter, and Mobil 1 4T M/C 10W-40 racing oil with K&N filter.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 05:48 PM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal2ks View Post
In a few months here my 6mo manufacture warranty will be up.

Right now she is in for head gaskets, diff seals, water pump gasket, (and a 4 seater cage)

How many of you have purchased the extended warranty? Or would advise on purchasing the warranty.
All I can tell you as a Retired Ford Tech, when customers would come back in the shop and ask if they should get an extended warranty all I can say is HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!! Even thou I made less money doing warranty work, It could pay for itself the first time you use it. GET IT!
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Thanks for all of your input!

I will shop around for some pricing on the warranty, $600 doesnt sound too bad. I guess it goes along with purchasing insurance on the thing, I can afford the $500 for the full replacement policy, but I couldnt afford to purchase another one if I wreck it good. As of right this second there are no plans for turbo either

My prowler is currently at prestige, and from what I have heard it is in good hands.

2009 Orange XTZ

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Founding Member

Just remember if you do some after-market engine mods that might void you extended warranty. I ran into that problem with my trx450r/510r.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement