Whats it worth? - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Whats it worth?

I'm thinking of selling my 08 650 Prowler. I'm wanting something with a bench seat so looking for a Ranger. I have a complete enclosed cab setup I'm going to sell separately. I figure I could get more for it that way. It is the front window, two doors, roof, and rear window with the sliding glass. The doors are the full hard doors and have glass just like the front. They were on it when I got it so I'm not sure what they're going for. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 03:23 PM
Lifetime Member

how many miles on the prowler

2012 prowler xtx custom doors ,bumpers ,lightbar,windshield.rollcage ,stereo,5000lb winch,28"wsamp lites ,1 1/2"wheel spacers.custom graphics,custom rear roll bar,factory fender flares cb radio ltz hoodscoop ac soft top and rear window,ac aluminium skidplates,temp and volt guage ,2"lift kit and sti beadlock wheels
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

1800 miles I think 365 hours or something like that. It has new jug and piston. I bought the bike from a local bass pro shops. They had used it to pull stuff in and out of the shop or so they told me. It had low compression and I had new piston jug and all put it it. Motor runs great and its a good bike. I like it but want a bench seat for my kids to ride. My brother has a 800 Ranger and i really like it.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 03:58 PM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leed1315 View Post
1800 miles I think 365 hours or something like that. It has new jug and piston. I bought the bike from a local bass pro shops. They had used it to pull stuff in and out of the shop or so they told me. It had low compression and I had new piston jug and all put it it. Motor runs great and its a good bike. I like it but want a bench seat for my kids to ride. My brother has a 800 Ranger and i really like it.
The ranger is a good utv also,have you looked at the A/C HDX.or the yamaha viking.

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 04:23 PM
Rides all the time

Where are you located? Are you looking for a price on the Prowler or cab kit or both?

Prowlers don't hold their value very well around here. Not sure about the price of the cab kit. You will never get out of it what they want retail. I'd love to have the full metal cab like you have.

Have you thought about just putting a cage extension on with some rear seats to fit more people?

Name: Shane

-2011 Polaris RZR-4 800 (SOLD)
-1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Yeah the Prowlers don't hold good retail. I think most people don't know enough about them to take a chance. As far as the HDX I'd be fine with one but I can't justify buying one new. I have a small atv salvage yard, probably 60-70 bikes right now so I normally buy something that needs a little work. I've found a 2010 800 Ranger that hit something in the front. The frame is supposed to be good just needs arms suspension and maybe an axle. He told me he would do $3900 I'm hoping he might do $3500. As long as the motor ends up being good I could have it ready for around $45000. That's why I was wanting to sell mine.

I'm considering selling the cage separate because I believe what I could get for it would be more than it would increse the value if I left it on it. I know the complete kit that has the sliding windows and flip up front window is nearly $4k. Mine isn't the flip up but I figure its worth at least $1000.

I've looked at the cage extension but honestly the beds are short and they're around $1200 for the setup. My kids are young but wouldn't take long to be very cramped. That plus as everyone knows the Prowlers are loud and when you need parts you nearly have to buy everything new because of the lack of used stuff. While they are good machines after riding my brothers Ranger its hard not to want one. If I end up not getting the Ranger I'll be fine with it but given the option I'd prefer a Ranger.

I'm located in Hartselle, AL
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 04:28 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Yeah the Prowlers don't hold good retail. I think most people don't know enough about them to take a chance. As far as the HDX I'd be fine with one but I can't justify buying one new. I have a small atv salvage yard, probably 60-70 bikes right now so I normally buy something that needs a little work. I've found a 2010 800 Ranger that hit something in the front. The frame is supposed to be good just needs arms suspension and maybe an axle. He told me he would do $3900 I'm hoping he might do $3500. As long as the motor ends up being good I could have it ready for around $45000. That's why I was wanting to sell mine.

I'm considering selling the cage separate because I believe what I could get for it would be more than it would increse the value if I left it on it. I know the complete kit that has the sliding windows and flip up front window is nearly $4k. Mine isn't the flip up but I figure its worth at least $1000.

I've looked at the cage extension but honestly the beds are short and they're around $1200 for the setup. My kids are young but wouldn't take long to be very cramped. That plus as everyone knows the Prowlers are loud and when you need parts you nearly have to buy everything new because of the lack of used stuff. While they are good machines after riding my brothers Ranger its hard not to want one. If I end up not getting the Ranger I'll be fine with it but given the option I'd prefer a Ranger.

I'm located in Hartselle, AL
That is a great price on the cab enclosure.and I agree the ranger is a lot quieter than the prowler,I agree in my area I think everyone is afraid to buy a prowler,the HDX is the biggest seller around here,but I very rarely see one it's Polaris country where I live.

you wouldn't have a headlight bucket for a 1986 350 foreman 4x4 would you it has to be for a 86 model,I have looked everywhere.

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 09:39 AM
Rides all the time

I don't blame you. I've never driven in a Ranger, but if they are more quiet along with the more power of the twin engine I'd be all over that as well. Especially if you can get the fix-er-upper you are talking about. Good luck. I hope it works out in your favor.

Name: Shane

-2011 Polaris RZR-4 800 (SOLD)
-1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Yeah Polaris is dominating the side by side market right now. I've got several of those 350 Foremans but I think they're 87s. When you say headlight bucket are you talking about the single headlight on top or the plastic piece that holds the two bottom headlights?

OutWest there is no comparison as far as the noise especially when I have the cab on. Like i said I like my Prowler is a good machine. It hauls, pulls, and works fine for what I need it for. Overall I like Arctic cats. I have an 05 500 and 07 700 quads and they're good bikes. But when you're talking about the Prowler to the Ranger its just not the same. The feel from the Ranger to the Prowler is just so different. The ride, the smoothness in the acceleration, the noise, they're just different.

Last edited by Leed1315; 04-08-2014 at 10:28 AM.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 11:58 AM
de3
Loyal Member

Quote:
Yeah Polaris is dominating the side by side market right now. I've got several of those 350 Foremans but I think they're 87s. When you say headlight bucket are you talking about the single headlight on top or the plastic piece that holds the two bottom headlights?

OutWest there is no comparison as far as the noise especially when I have the cab on. Like i said I like my Prowler is a good machine. It hauls, pulls, and works fine for what I need it for. Overall I like Arctic cats. I have an 05 500 and 07 700 quads and they're good bikes. But when you're talking about the Prowler to the Ranger its just not the same. The feel from the Ranger to the Prowler is just so different. The ride, the smoothness in the acceleration, the noise, they're just different.
It's the bucket for the top headlight,it needs to be a 86 model the 87 is a different style,I want to keep it original this thing is mint,The headlight bucket cracked from old age.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement