Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

new belt break in

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  de3 
#1 ·
Hey members, was wondering what your experience is on breaking in a new belt. I put on a new belt after my seal repair job in March. The prowler ran great with the new belt, but after 4 months of use, it runs even better with quick shift to high speed in both gear ranges. I don't drive many miles, but we use the prowler every day. Question is how many miles makes a good break in? Thanks, as always.

#2 · (Edited)
I'm not sure on this. I ran mine through several heat cycles at light load before hitting th trails. This question, should get many replies.

#3 ·
put it in and run it …. got over 5K on mine and didn't do anything special but trail rides ..
same on new replacement that I put in just 'cause.. the measurements were still good on the old one [now an emergency spare in the box] .. put it in because I was doing a major service and just felt it was time based on miles , the ol PM service is cheep insurance IMHO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.