Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Eastern most Iowa
Front floor console. Installed!
Here are some pics of the console.
Went really good, hardest part was cutting the engine cover, just a mental thing. Went easy once the jig saw button was pulled.
I cut the template out of the instructions and taped it to the cover with packaging tape. Pic 1. Then after cutting it with a fine toothed metal blade in my jig saw, (pic 2) I took the part I cut out (pic 3) and installed in in the back of the console to keep crap from getting into the bottom of it, while off roading. I glued it in with plastic cement and caulked it on both sides. (Pic 4) After drying I installed it in the Prowler. It was kind of hard to reach some of the lower bolts, to put the nuts on them. So I wrapped one of my fingers with tape, sticky side out to stick the nut too, then reached under and started them on the bolts. It was fun to do, took about 1 1/2 hours from start to finish. Wife had to come out and hold the wrench on the front bolts under the front side of the firewall to hold them while I ratched in the bolts from the inside. She loves it! Also have the V bag installed, she has plenty of room all her stuff, now. (pic 5)
The suggestion to put the plate in the console was from GTroyer! Thanks for the great idea, Gary!
Here it is all done in pic 6.
'09 650XT H1, 72" Eagle Plow, Warn 3500 Winch. Dyna CDI box, UNI filters, A/C V-bag and console, EPI lift kit, Highlifter springs, Scat ProCar suspension seats. Rick the Rockets A frame and shock bushings. 28x12X14 Raceline Bruisers on Vision rims, on all corners. Cowling heat vents. Factory heat and defrost. RD's custom alternator kit. XTZ hood scoop and front shocks. Monster shock covers, turn signals. OEM glass sport windshield, sliding rear window, and lights, lights and more lights!