got a harness question too - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

got a harness question too

My harnesses came with a tab with a hole in it on one end and spring loaded hooks to mount the lap ends. But if I use the tabs and drill holes through my bar the belts are too long. Did I buy the wrong ones or is there an adjustment like getting rid of the tab and running the harness through something else? Anyone got any closeups of their harnesses and bar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyansCat View Post
My harnesses came with a tab with a hole in it on one end and spring loaded hooks to mount the lap ends. But if I use the tabs and drill holes through my bar the belts are too long. Did I buy the wrong ones or is there an adjustment like getting rid of the tab and running the harness through something else? Anyone got any closeups of their harnesses and bar?

if i understand what your saying. your shoulder belts are too long when mounted to the tab and bar? i ran into this with my Crow harnesses . i had to throw away the tab and wrap the harness around the bar and run it back thru the bucket thing . pulled it up tight to the bar . if you wrap the harness you need to put something to hold the harness in place and keep it from sliding left to right . i was going to use some 1/4'' cold roll steel bar and weld it in place but with the RZR seats the Y style harnesses dont fit over the back of the seats right . so another thing i have to change . but safety first .
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by soazcat View Post
if i understand what your saying. your shoulder belts are too long when mounted to the tab and bar? i ran into this with my Crow harnesses . i had to throw away the tab and wrap the harness around the bar and run it back thru the bucket thing . pulled it up tight to the bar . if you wrap the harness you need to put something to hold the harness in place and keep it from sliding left to right . i was going to use some 1/4'' cold roll steel bar and weld it in place but with the RZR seats the Y style harnesses dont fit over the back of the seats right . so another thing i have to change . but safety first .
Yup thats the problem with mine, but I don't think I have the thing to wrap them around the bar and double back through. Looks like my craigslist find wasn't such a find.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement