Did you get the new A/C fix for the parking brake problem? - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Did you get the new A/C fix for the parking brake problem?

Its a wonderful sticker!! Nice fix Arctic Cat , can you send me one for the bending tie rods, the front and rear axles falling out, the sagging rear springs and other screw ups you built into our $14,000 machines. I wish I could do that at my job. "That well doesn't produce any gas but thats ok I put a sticker on it" I could save my company millions in work over rig costs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 07:33 AM
Jounior Member

Due to the economy A/C has had to cut back on some of its R&D also had to let go of the QC all they have left is a crew of attorneys and Bull Shi% artist. everywhere yo look Teryx and RZR s kick our ass due to lack of factory support. If they dont have the money to operate then give us a public option to buy into the company maybe we can turn it into a real contender in the RUV market
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 08:54 AM

I kind of wish AC would sell there utv interest to polaris. I have a good dealer real close.But, then they would probably go to hell too. oh well?

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Jounior Member

Any of you guys remember back in the old days when MADE IN USA meant something. the rest of the world looked at our products as being top notch setting the standards to which other nations would try to achieve. Now what does MADE IN USA mean. means that if something goes wrong they are protected by the best attorneys money can buy. the only way to fix our problems is start being accountable for our own actions. Including YOU Arctic Cat, each of us one at a time stand up and try saying yep I did it and it's all my fault and I will be responsible for recovery...... Aint never going to happen now is it.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Founding Member

Arctic Cat, the new Toyota of the off-road world.....
Like others have mentioned, I wonder if AC will issue more stickers for these problems...
1. Head Gaskets leaking
2. Tie Rods constantly bending
3. Rear Axles Popping out
4. Diffs leaking
5. Front Ball Joints pulling out of the spindle
6. Stupid looking rollcage and seats mounted way too high in the chassis...
7. Lack of real world engineering

AC needs to wake up and step up. They have sat on their butts and let the world pass them by. Polaris just came out with the 4 seat RZR, already has the RZR-S and is dominating most short course and some BITD races, while Kawasaki has started winning a lot of other races with the Teryx. The Prowler isn't even a good trail vehicle anymore since the others have improved their machines...
AC if you are listening, it's time you woke the f*^$ up and listened to your customers. You have just about driven your dealers out of business and made it impossible for the dealers to be competitive without cutting profit down to nothing. This comes from many dealers.

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Loyal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl89 View Post
Arctic Cat, the new Toyota of the off-road world.....
Like others have mentioned, I wonder if AC will issue more stickers for these problems...
1. Head Gaskets leaking
2. Tie Rods constantly bending
3. Rear Axles Popping out
4. Diffs leaking
5. Front Ball Joints pulling out of the spindle
6. Stupid looking rollcage and seats mounted way too high in the chassis...
7. Lack of real world engineering

AC needs to wake up and step up. They have sat on their butts and let the world pass them by. Polaris just came out with the 4 seat RZR, already has the RZR-S and is dominating most short course and some BITD races, while Kawasaki has started winning a lot of other races with the Teryx. The Prowler isn't even a good trail vehicle anymore since the others have improved their machines...
AC if you are listening, it's time you woke the f*^$ up and listened to your customers. You have just about driven your dealers out of business and made it impossible for the dealers to be competitive without cutting profit down to nothing. This comes from many dealers.
Very well said Darryl ! I am glad a few of you dealers are joining the pissed off club.

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000 with a few modifications. Needs paint & powder coating.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 03:43 PM

Ya this will be my last AC.. I am impressed with the power and that is about it. We pay 14000. for a project car. then spend our own cash to fix ACs problems.WTF.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 07:08 PM

Amen to that cat n hat. I think we just buy the power plant and build our own car.Since i lost my Gander Mountain dealership the AC wuarantee is crap. So , if theres no guarantee and there not willing to back up there product , screw them. I guess my next will be a RZR, damn that hurt to say.Man i hope they listen to this, causeI sure like my car but enough is enough.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Jounior Member

Got my sticker today in the mail!!
Darryl, you can add weak A-arm mounts that bend easily to that list too. I Just had to have the front end of mine cut up and re-built to make it stronger. They way I have it now is how they should come from the factory.

2009 Prowler XTZ 1000
Korporate X 2 seat cage
Rugged Radios 2 place intercom
Twisted Stitch Vortex seats
Prestige doors and tie rods
Eagle Eye HID's
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Jounior Member

You guys all bought first year production and your shocked that there are alot of bugs. Comon. Amost all first year production runs have alot of issues, its the price you pay for having the new toys first. Not sayings its right just the way it is and most people know this. Plus it sounds like there is a real lack of good dealers down there, or maybe im just lucky. Ive ran Cat sleds and ATVs since the mid 90's and always had great service and have never been turned down for warranty.

Last edited by Northern Mud; 02-10-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement