Need Input on Teryx-4 750, RZR-4 800, and Pioneer 700-4 - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Rides all the time

Need Input on Teryx-4 750, RZR-4 800, and Pioneer 700-4

As I stated in a different thread, I have sold my Prowler in an attempt to purchase a true 4 seater UTV. Three that I have my eye on are the Kawasaki Teryx-4 750, Polaris RZR-4 800, and the Pioneer 700-4. I'm primarily looking at these because I have a limited budget, and per their dimensions I believe they should fit in my toyhauler trailer.

I have no experience with any of these machines. I was wondering if any of you have any direct experience with them? Or have friends that might have one? Are your friends happy with them? What are their pros and their cons?

My type of riding will strictly be used for mountain trails to haul the family around or for hunting in the mountains. I'm not a mud bogger. I'm not a duner (anymore). So I don't need a speed demon, but power would be a plus. It would also be nice to have something a little more quiet than the Prowler.

So if any of you have some feedback or feedback from friends, please share......

Name: Shane

-2011 Polaris RZR-4 800 (SOLD)
-1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 04:04 PM
Administrator

No direct knowledge, but seems like the Kawasaki has received high marks, and over all fit and finish is good! Make sure you get what you want! Either way, we will give you static!
de3 likes this.

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Rides all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont79 View Post
No direct knowledge, but seems like the Kawasaki has received high marks, and over all fit and finish is good! Make sure you get what you want! Either way, we will give you static!
If I got what I want, it would likely be the new Honda Pioneer 1000-5 or the new 2016 Kawasaki Teryx-4 800..... However, they just aren't in the budget. So I have to look at those other three....

-2006 AC Prowler 650XT (SOLD)-- updated bevel gears, updated oil pump driven gear, 4 wheel disc brakes, line lock E-brake, Papa Slap clutch, Xentec HID's, Dynatek CDI, Warn skid plates, Intellitronix gauges, 2010 intake/cvt duct work and dust shield, RZR seats, Bestop folding windshield, full cab kit, rear cage and rear seats (4 seater)

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 03:50 AM
Administrator

How doe's the price compare between the Kawasaki, and Honda? What about aftermarket support?

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 05:21 AM
de3
Loyal Member

I do know the Teryx is a very solid machine,shane get on the other prowler site and ask joe he has a T-4

2015 A/C Sport,With a few add ons..........
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 07:59 AM
Loyal Member

Shane ... are you a member of Costco ??

in our location [Sparks, Nv.] they have had a Terex 4 on display on and off for a long time ... they have through the car / motor sports program "Costco" priced these with the negotiated deals they do ... don't know what the savings is but well worth looking into as that program is through a Corporate program not regional so you should have something in your area also as there are Costco's there too.

should be worth looking into ... also you can contact the Costco auto program online and or via phone and see what's up

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 08:15 AM

I have experience with both machines in the 2 seater versions. I have RZR S 800 and my father has a teryx 750 sport. The pros of the rzr are that it is very quiet inside compared to a lot of machines, I have around 2000 miles and haven't had an issue. Its got lots of power for climbing and very seldom do I find myself reaching for the low range shifter. the Teryx is also a very good machine in my opinion, ride quality is excellent with the upgraded shock package and it has plenty of power to get around. The only issue we have encountered is on the more open roads we sometimes find ourselves on it tends to run a bit hot and its speed restricted so it take a little longer to get there. we ride very similar terrain, mostly mountain trails and very seldom see muddy conditions. To be honest, as far as a four seat machine for me I wouldn't hesitate to buy either but for longer mileage trail trips I think the RZR 4 wins out by a thin margin. Also, the biggest difference we have noticed between machines is my the fuel mileage on the rzr is much better than the teryx so that might be a consideration as well.

2010 700XTX Orange -- Custom snorkel, Diff. vent mod (dry cavity), Bighorn 2.0's on custom painted "blacked out" rims, HMF Swamp Series XL with turn down, /// airdam stage 5, Some EPI goodies, Dynatek FS, Chrome headlight covers, Flip out windshield. "Cooler Hauler" ... Sold for another toy but still hangin around
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Now that was Helpful! First hand knowledge is priceless!

Either - Dick or RD
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Rides all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTroyer View Post
Shane ... are you a member of Costco ??

in our location [Sparks, Nv.] they have had a Terex 4 on display on and off for a long time ... they have through the car / motor sports program "Costco" priced these with the negotiated deals they do ... don't know what the savings is but well worth looking into as that program is through a Corporate program not regional so you should have something in your area also as there are Costco's there too.

should be worth looking into ... also you can contact the Costco auto program online and or via phone and see what's up
Gary, I am a member of Costco and I have been drooling for years every time I go into Costco and check out the Teryx-4's they have had on display. I never really looked into cost there because I didn't expect to buy new. However, it wouldn't be a bad idea just to see. A new machine would be sweet, but my wife wouldn't like the new payment that goes with it. I will try and price it just to compare. Thx.

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Rides all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostxProwler View Post
I have experience with both machines in the 2 seater versions. I have RZR S 800 and my father has a teryx 750 sport. The pros of the rzr are that it is very quiet inside compared to a lot of machines, I have around 2000 miles and haven't had an issue. Its got lots of power for climbing and very seldom do I find myself reaching for the low range shifter. the Teryx is also a very good machine in my opinion, ride quality is excellent with the upgraded shock package and it has plenty of power to get around. The only issue we have encountered is on the more open roads we sometimes find ourselves on it tends to run a bit hot and its speed restricted so it take a little longer to get there. we ride very similar terrain, mostly mountain trails and very seldom see muddy conditions. To be honest, as far as a four seat machine for me I wouldn't hesitate to buy either but for longer mileage trail trips I think the RZR 4 wins out by a thin margin. Also, the biggest difference we have noticed between machines is my the fuel mileage on the rzr is much better than the teryx so that might be a consideration as well.
Thanks for the feedback. I know there are places that rent machines, and I've thought about seeing if I can find a place that has a Teryx-4 or RZR-4 800. I just hate having to pay money to find out. Although like you mentioned, either one would likely be nice to have.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement