Prowler wont go over 35 on the street... - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Prowler wont go over 35 on the street...

I have an 07 650 I have included pics... It will not with one person in it go over 35 no matter what? What do you need to know and I will answer to get some answers. I cant take it anymore I want speed back.Things I can tell you all stock except clutch spring, wheels, tires, cage, back seat, front seat. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3201.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	998   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3200.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	999   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3204.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	1000  

It is what it is....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 08:00 PM

I think i would start with the clutch,spring.Whatever was done to the clutch, spring, weights, whichever, if it ran good before , it should run ok again. Thats a good place to start.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowlerbob View Post
I think i would start with the clutch,spring.Whatever was done to the clutch, spring, weights, whichever, if it ran good before , it should run ok again. Thats a good place to start.

I think I would like to get back to stock... But with the addons I have will I be able to get above 40 with all stock stuff spring weights etc. would the belt have anything to do with it I havent replaced it. I also have noticed that it seems the motor is starving for air and backfires when I back off or floor it and the rev limiter hits I have a K&N Filter so I am thining it is getting good air???? I ahve so many questions I hope everyone is patient with me.

Oh yeah I have also just adjusted the valves so they should be good.

It is what it is....

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Founding Member

If your hitting the rev limiter and only going 35 then the clutch/belt is slipping. Your not getting the power to the ground. Mine stock clutch with 4 seater cage after market tires and wheels, does 52 mph at about i think 7k rpm

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

SETH
TEAM PROWLER NATION
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertcat View Post
If your hitting the rev limiter and only going 35 then the clutch/belt is slipping. Your not getting the power to the ground. Mine stock clutch with 4 seater cage after market tires and wheels, does 52 mph at about i think 7k rpm
Thank you for the info do you know of any good shops to get some clutch work done?

It is what it is....
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 06:17 AM
Jounior Member

you need to have some clutch work done and you need a new belt sounds like. the stock secondary spring with a 19-20 gram roller weight combo will do you well. possibly do the stage 1 machining to gain you some low end power to help get that heavy bike rolling, and your motor should pull you to 50+ with no problems.

///AIRDAM clutch machining
< http://airdamclutches.com/ >
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 02:56 PM

Also make sure your K&N is clean Ive seen this problem on ATVs. Did a good shop adjust those valves? Did it run good before they were adjusted?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AIRDAM View Post
you need to have some clutch work done and you need a new belt sounds like. the stock secondary spring with a 19-20 gram roller weight combo will do you well. possibly do the stage 1 machining to gain you some low end power to help get that heavy bike rolling, and your motor should pull you to 50+ with no problems.

That sounds like a good plan... AIRDAM I just sent you a PM. Let me know

It is what it is....
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 03:14 AM

Newtothis,
I see exactly what your prob is. You need to get rid of those seats, rollbar and wheels, they are definitely slowing you down. This is not easy for me to say, but being the friend I am, I will gladly trade you my stock equipment so you can once again enjoy the speed. Seriously, they are all correct imho, once you take care of that, you'll be back in no time. Really nice ride by the way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement