Used Prowler progress - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-20-2015, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Used Prowler progress

Well, Been slowly moving through my ToDo list on the used Prowler we picked up.

So far I have completed the following

Replaced Spark Plug
Oil Changed
Replaced Batter = odd starting issue is gone as well as runs smoother. Alternator is good and providing 14.4v.
Tilt Bed Fixed = Owner had used a pin to hold it in place after one if the bolts fell out but thankfully still had the bolt. Just needed a nut and washer. Much smoother

Next up
>Check Air filter
>Lower 1/2 Windshield
>Change out Front and rear Diff oil
>Fix/adjust shift so parking light works or replace light.
>Exhaust Heatshield rattling (have the washers to complete this just need the time)
>Brakes are squealing and feel like they are hanging up causing added drag (feels like Engine Braking is on even when moving slowly.
>Engine knock sound (still leery of this noise)
>Tires (still trying to figure out if I want to stay stock or go up in size.) May use this to plow in the future. Noticed Saturday that the AWD just stopped working on our 15 year old Sportsman.

So still have a ways to go. Working on some remodeling on the house and garage so they come first. This will also free up the far stall if not more which will give me more space to tear this UTV down over the winter.

Martin

2011 Arctic Cat Prowler HDX700 (bought used)
3,200 mi 401 hours
King Shocks
SnowEx V-Plow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-20-2015, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Sounds like a plan! Maintenance is better than repairing! Roller bearing motors will take a beating, I swear I thought mine had a rod knock when I first got it! Took awhile to figure out what noises are normal! More than likely you are hearing clutch noise, it does sound like a rod knock! I use mine for plowing with the 26" tires, works great! If you do go up on tire size, try and get the lightest tire available, I made the mistake of not checking that on my street tires, and they really put a strain on my Prowler at low speed!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Tire and Rim weight is huge! Learned that with our Insight! Summer tires are mounted on 9 lb rims, Winter tires are on stock rims.

In lower house power machines it is definitly noticable!

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 09:06 AM
Administrator

Heading to Wi. tomorrow, meeting with other members from the forum! We will be riding the Cheese Trails, Darlington/Monroe area!
de3 likes this.

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont79 View Post
Heading to Wi. tomorrow, meeting with other members from the forum! We will be riding the Cheese Trails, Darlington/Monroe area!

Never rode outside of Douglas, and Bayfield County with a tiny amount in Sawyer County.

No chance at getting out to ride any time soon.

Martin

2011 Arctic Cat Prowler HDX700 (bought used)
3,200 mi 401 hours
King Shocks
SnowEx V-Plow
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Maybe next year! I'll be back to Wi. in the future!

Either - Dick or RD
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 04:17 PM
Loyal Member

Martin .. like my wife tells me ... a woman's work is never done .... or do I say that to her as I vacuum the dog hair , help with laundry , make the bed help cook meals , put away the clean dishes and on and on and onnnnnn ... no wonder I have no time since I retired LOL

been out in the Garage trying to make it livable for me into a small shop , more "stuff"than will fit lol
de3 likes this.

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 01:34 AM
Administrator

When I first moved into our place we used the garage for storage as we built. Once it was fit to live in, I ordered a construction dumpster and cleaned house! Could not believe all of the stuff we moved! 2 drag cars, body parts for the Fairmont, doors, hood, interior stuff, F85 Olds, brand new 455, and a turbo 400, and then all of the shop tools. Took two years to get everything in place!

Either - Dick or RD
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

GTroyee, yep sounds like our house!
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Fairmont79, I'm a car nut at heart! Drag Cars..... sounds like too much fun!

Dabbled in the turbo 4 area many years back. Had a pair of Merkur XR4TIs. Had my 5 speed close to 300 hp but gave up when it aquire a short and later watched 2 feet of the main harness melt when the Alteration cable broke off as I opened the hood. I could do the mechanical stuff but not that wiring! Always seemed like something was failing but it was pretty fun!

Sometimes miss working on cars but not the bills that came with breaking parts! LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement