Tracks are On! Bad news though. - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Tracks are On! Bad news though.

The good news, I got my tracks installed and it even fit's in and out my garage door! Bad news, my right front axel popped out again! Dam, what's causing that? End of the shaft bad? Thought I saw one time where someone used a different type of clip???
Any ideas I'd sure listen!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	prowler with tracks 004.jpg
Views:	774
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	36690   Click image for larger version

Name:	prowler with tracks 006.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	36698   Click image for larger version

Name:	prowler with tracks 002.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	36706   Click image for larger version

Name:	prowler with tracks 003.jpg
Views:	602
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	36714  

2010 XTZ 1000..... HCR Suspension, 6" lift, King Racing Series Shocks, Summer's Brothers Racing Axles, Beard Seats, Tiger Tracks, A/C Hinged Windshield, Custom Light Bar by Butch, Custom 1/2 Doors by Butch. What's next ???
My friends call me Butch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

No help yet so............Everyone must be out having fun. I'm gonna try the O-Ring trick and see if that holds the shaft in???

2010 XTZ 1000..... HCR Suspension, 6" lift, King Racing Series Shocks, Summer's Brothers Racing Axles, Beard Seats, Tiger Tracks, A/C Hinged Windshield, Custom Light Bar by Butch, Custom 1/2 Doors by Butch. What's next ???
My friends call me Butch
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 08:21 PM
Lifetime Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman2 View Post
No help yet so............Everyone must be out having fun. I'm gonna try the O-Ring trick and see if that holds the shaft in???
I guess you could call it fun, I just got home from a structure fire at a funeral home I've read somewhere about the o-ring trick but forgot where, on mine I expanded the opening of the c-clip a little and it seemed to help. After my last ride I think I'm going to have to replace the seals, got some seepage coming out of the front end.
catman2 likes this.

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1962 View Post
I guess you could call it fun, I just got home from a structure fire at a funeral home I've read somewhere about the o-ring trick but forgot where, on mine I expanded the opening of the c-clip a little and it seemed to help. After my last ride I think I'm going to have to replace the seals, got some seepage coming out of the front end.
I been there with a home fire 8 years ago Mike, NO FUN!
I tried the O-Ring but couldn't get the clip to seat so I pulled the o-ring out and I tore into it again and did an adjustment on the ring and put it back together. Took it out into about a foot of snow and so far it's holding. Maybe I didn't get it popped back in far enough the first time??? It seemed like it went in easy the first time. When I got it in as far as it would go this time I took up all the slack and wacked the hub end a couple times to see if it would help seat the clip. I then engaged the 4x4 and rocked it back and forth. I don't know, can only test it and see where it takes me. Crossing my fingers!
This thing looks so bad ass with the tracks on that I'm almost jealous of myself
Sockman likes this.

My friends call me Butch
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 09:09 PM
Lifetime Member

Garage
It does look bad ass! I wish I could justify the cost of buying them just to play with, not much need for them in my area.
catman2 likes this.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1962 View Post
It does look bad ass! I wish I could justify the cost of buying them just to play with, not much need for them in my area.
I can't say as I can justify the investment Mike Fact is my wife got unloaded by one of my Mules back the end of June and fractured her pelvis and sacroiliac joint so she can't do much snowmobiling this year. So I sold one of my sleds and picked up a track kit so I could take my wife out for rides. If you guy's fall for that excuse ya all need help!!! The first part is true but I was hoping to get some fishing done on the big lake this year with this rig, AND STILL TAKE MY WIFE OUT FOR A CRUISE IF SHE'D LIKE! We have 400 miles of forest roads covered with snow that lead into some of the prettiest winter scenery ya can find. Makes winters go by so much quicker.

My friends call me Butch
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 09:33 PM
Lifetime Member

Garage
400 miles of forest roads sounds like a good enough excuse for tracks to me, we don't have anything like that around here.
catman2 likes this.

'07 Prowler 650 H1 XT, L.E.D. stop/turn signals, Summit Racing heater, AC winch, AC windshield, soft cab & doors, 6' Eagle Plow, oil gauge, Maxxis MT-762 truck tires, AC Fender Flares, E-Brake alarm, Yutrax UTV Jump Seat, Dynatek CDI
Missouri Mike
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 05:16 AM
Administrator

Butch, what cir-clip did you use? I bought several AC # 0423-844 for my 700. I noticed they have two different part numbers for a 2010 XTZ. Also noticed a cir-clip for later models at 2.95 each, but that also is used on the ball detent axles. I think you found a good fix! Not sure about shimming the cir-clip with an O-Ring is the right fix!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 05:25 AM
Loyal Member

as long as you remember .. your out there where few can come to your aid when you have tracks ... and always carry gear to save your bacon if it all falls apart.

BTW do you have a Spot locator ? IMHO well worth the investment for winter riders or hunting / long travel remote guys

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 07:00 AM
Administrator

Good point Gary! Be a pain to get stranded in the middle of nowhere!

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement