hard to start & loose parts - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

hard to start & loose parts

Figured I would adjust the valves today hoping to cure my hard to start problem. While I was in there I noticed the water temp sensor was unhooked, also found the rubber boot connecting the carb to the airbox was loose at the carb. No dirt inside the carb, and the filter was filthy so I don't think it was unhooked long. The temp sensor however looked like it's been off awhile. Anyway, adjusted the valves a little on the tight side then fired her up probably 20 times with not one problem. The valves werent real far out but seems to make a difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 08:01 PM
Rides all the time

Sounds like you caught alot of possible future issues. Just goes to show you that you need to check these periodically.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 03:35 AM

Please keep us posted on the starting, especially once it gets hot. That is when mine doesn't want to spin over right away.

2010 Prowler XTZ 1000-
27" Grim Reaper Tires/Home Made Roof/Arctic Cat Mirror/Quadboss Folding Windshield w/ home made support bar/LED Tail-Brake lights//Venom 4000 lb Winch/Amsteel synthetic line/Home Made Doors/Custom Adjustable Seats/Custom Oh Crap bar for passenger/Tonneau Cover/Fat Max storage Box in bed
Tiger Tail Towing system

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 07:44 AM

preventative maintenance is a good thing
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
Please keep us posted on the starting, especially once it gets hot. That is when mine doesn't want to spin over right away.
Mine too, I let it idle until the fan kicked on then started it up several times without a problem. Even let her cool down a little and tried again without a hitch.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowlerbob View Post
preventative maintenance is a good thing
You said it. I'm usually more on top of these things but we put alot more miles on it last summer than I had realized. Seems like when I wasn't working we were riding.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
Went for a ride today, about 4 miles offroad and 3-4 blacktop. Tried it hot then let it cool a few minutes and tried again several times with no starting issues. Before the starter would just hum maybe 2 out of 3 times I hit the key. The only problem is, and this might just be my imagination, but it seems like its down just a hair on power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement