clicking noise?? - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

clicking noise??

Ok, I have been hearing a weird clicking noise coming from somewhere in the rear of my 08 xtx. It seems to do it when i start taking off in gear (mainly low). it does it the most when i get the low speed "jumpy" starts. it clicks when i first start to move and again when i let off the gas. I put grease on everythng and it still does it. that bar that goes from on rear wheel to the other (stabilizer bar??) is kinda loose (i can move it with my hand) and i think the 2 bushings at the back of the bike are worn out. could this be the noise???

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Except for the herpes, that S**t'll come back with ya"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

nobody????

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Except for the herpes, that S**t'll come back with ya"
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Loyal Member

if it's the sway bar your moving [don't know as I don't have that model] it's got "play" in it
by design .. it sits between rubber bushings and will force the unloaded tire down .. a form of roll control no different than what's in most trucks

now if the bushings show wear or chewed up or real hard [weathered] then go ahead and replace them.

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 07:24 AM

I would think that sway bar bushings would make noise when moving & coincide with trail anomalies. If you only hear this noise when taking off or deceleration I would be looking for things drive line related. The drive line brake has been known to make lots of strange noises. Also check drive shafts & engine mounts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 08:24 AM
Rides all the time

Does that model have the turf saver rear end?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 09:16 AM
Jounior Member

It does have the turf saver and they have been known buy some to make noise. It could also be possible that it is your brake pads moving inside the caliper, but I really don't know as I have not really heard that sound.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

are you saying that MY 08 xtx has the turf saver??? I bought this used so i dont know if it does or not. I didnt think it did

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 06:47 PM

Clicking noise

I also have a 08 XTX. The XTX was the only machine to get the 700 H1 in 08, the only one to have tilt wheel and the only one to have a turf saver diff. Also the XTX was the only machine with the painted plastics. I have heard this noise also on mine. It is just as you described it. The noise is comming from the rear diff. I don't know why it makes the clicking noise but they do. I drove a 09 XTX and it sounded the same. Hope this helps

2008 Prowler 700 XTX
4000# Warn
Full body Warn Skids with A arm guards
Arctic Cat sport bumper
Arctic Cat Half Windshield
ITP C series wheels
ITP 27" mud lights XTR
(looking hard at a HMF pipe)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouma View Post
I also have a 08 XTX. The XTX was the only machine to get the 700 H1 in 08, the only one to have tilt wheel and the only one to have a turf saver diff. Also the XTX was the only machine with the painted plastics. I have heard this noise also on mine. It is just as you described it. The noise is comming from the rear diff. I don't know why it makes the clicking noise but they do. I drove a 09 XTX and it sounded the same. Hope this helps

Thank god. I was afraid that i had broken something. I actually took the floor and everything out of it today to inspect the motor mounts and what not and found that the steel coolant line that runs down the passenger side was flopping around. turns out the bolt that holds the bracket had sheared off. was thinking that was the noise i was hearing.. I re mounted it but havent tried it out yet. guess its just a noise that i have to deal with. OH well

Sponsored Links
Advertisement