Arctic Cat get you coming and going!!!!!! - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Arctic Cat get you coming and going!!!!!!

I just wanted to thank Arctic Cat for not only seeling me a piece of junk for $14,000 but now they have knocked the price doen to less than $12,000 for the 2010 models, so now I'm stuck with this worthless pile of junk and I can't afford to sell cause I would need to come up with thousands just to get the title from the bank. I will never buy another Arctic Cat anything EVER!!!!!!!!!!! Screw you Arctic Cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Jounior Member

where are you located? and what are your problems? apparently since everyone is wanting to ditch their prowlers i'll take yours off your hands for the right price.

///AIRDAM clutch machining
< http://airdamclutches.com/ >
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

I'm in Utah, and the problem is that to sell this thing I would have to put about $2500 out of my own pocket and that would be if I could get some one to buy a machine with 340 miles on it for $500 less than a new one. They are selling for $11,900 for the 2010 models.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 08:30 AM
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needspeed View Post
I'm in Utah, and the problem is that to sell this thing I would have to put about $2500 out of my own pocket and that would be if I could get some one to buy a machine with 340 miles on it for $500 less than a new one. They are selling for $11,900 for the 2010 models.
And whats different about this vs a Rhino or other sxs? I dropped $18K in to my Rhino only to sell it for $8K. Did you think your Prowler would appreciate? I won't even get in to the financing a toy speel.

Whats wrong with your cat? You come on here and call it a piece of junk but you don't say what the problem(s) is/are?
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needspeed View Post
$11,900 for a 2010 XTZ... man, who is selling them for that price, I'd like to buy a bunch because that is way lower than Arctic Cat's Dealer price. Last time I looked at the MSRP, it was still $14,499.
Could it be a dealer that is just trying to dump his inventory because he has too much? Even at that, it's still the dealer's pricing and not Arctic Cat's. If you paid $14,000 and could've gotten it for a lessor price, now who's fault is that. When I walk into the Chevy dealer and buy a Duramax Silverado for $15,000 less than someone that bought one a month earlier, is that Chevy's fault, or just that I got a good deal, either through good buying tactics or such.
Hey, I've rarely ever sold an Arctic Cat for MSRP. I'm sorry that you hate your Arctic Cat, yes, I've had problems with them also. But I also realize that these are off-road machines that often get run hard. Things happen, and I'll tell you, I hear alot more people grumbling about their RZRs and Rhinos, major things like dust getting past the air cleaner and seizing the engine, or so under-powered they can't get out of their own way or frames buckling and shock mounts buckling...
Why would you need to put $2500 into your machine to sell it?

Arctic Cat Prowler Desert Race XTZ: ITP BajaCross tires on ITP Beadlocks, Beard Super TZ Seats, Crowe 5pt harnesses, King Off-Road Racing Shocks, Custom Racing Chassis with 7 inch longer wheelbase, +5 Suspension set at 16 Front and 17 inches Rear inches travel, UTVINC did the tube bending
TEAM PROWLER NATION...
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 06:54 PM

Talking Still Loving it

Don't know what kind of problems this guy has had to be ranting like he is...
My '09 XTZ has seen so much time in the shop it's first year they wanted to charge me rent!
But, now other than parts loosening up and melting plastics, I just can't get enough of this beast. There isn't another side x side that can even come close to its power, ride, handling, and speed.
GET THE KINKS OUT, AND YOU WILL HAVE ONE HELL OF A TIME!
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDAMEEK View Post
Don't know what kind of problems this guy has had to be ranting like he is...
My '09 XTZ has seen so much time in the shop it's first year they wanted to charge me rent!
But, now other than parts loosening up and melting plastics, I just can't get enough of this beast. There isn't another side x side that can even come close to its power, ride, handling, and speed.
GET THE KINKS OUT, AND YOU WILL HAVE ONE HELL OF A TIME!
Since he couldn't give specifics, I'm betting he's a jealous Rhino guy
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 06:17 AM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

The problems I have had since you want to know is broken tie rods, had toleave the machine on the mountain until I could get a welder up there to repair it and get it home, had to fight to get that warrantied, front locker doesn't work, belt slipped on me, rear axle broke, rear spings were sagging, so I replaced them. Oh ya amnd it has 330 miles on. As far as the price they are selling for that much everywhere from northern Utah to Phoenix. And NO I didn't expect it to appreciate but the amount of depreciation is insane. Here is a little gas on the fire for you, RZR's didn't lose near the value these machines did.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
Jounior Member

Ok, here is the deal, I hope you guys that have Prowlers are as happy as can be with them, I had to vent after getting call after call from people offering me crap like $9500 for a machine that new msrp's for a ton more. Because they can pick up 2010 models for less than $12K. I bought a SxS because I thought it would lose less value than other recreational equipment, and I think that is still true but when dealers are offering them for such a discounted price it destroys the value of everyones Prowler. I'm going to sell this thing no matter what. It just sucks that I'm losing so much money in less than a year. But I'm willing to trade if you know anyone that has a Tahoe or Yukon in the $10k to $16K range.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 07:16 AM
Jounior Member

so lomme get this straight.... you're just wanting to sell the bike, and you're mad cause the resale is not what you expected it to be?? is the bike actually giving you problems? or are you just a disgruntled guy who cant affford the note and wanting to get rid of it and you're mad cause the resale in not what you expected?

///AIRDAM clutch machining
< http://airdamclutches.com/ >
Sponsored Links
Advertisement