Snorkel size ? - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Rides all the time

Snorkel size ?

Can I run 1.5" clutch exhaust pvc?

I lowered my seats and have been trying to re-pipe it.
I found a way but I need to use 1.5"

If I can use 1.5" can I use the whole run or should I go up in size asap.

The route I found comes out and 180* then 90* and a 45* b4 I can put in straight pipe.

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Jounior Member

I was looking at another post where a guy lowered his seats, and posted pic's of it,And while looking at the pic's it dawned on me, couldnt you use 2'' pipe and just oval it out to fit? We have ovaled out pvc before for some plumbing jobs at the cabin, and we just used a heating blanket to soften up the pvc, and worked really well..
Just a thought!!!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Rides all the time

That is a good idea I will have to look @ that.

I lowered my cowl and shifter so things are super tight!!!!!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Rides all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnspream View Post
I was looking at another post where a guy lowered his seats, and posted pic's of it,And while looking at the pic's it dawned on me, couldnt you use 2'' pipe and just oval it out to fit? We have ovaled out pvc before for some plumbing jobs at the cabin, and we just used a heating blanket to soften up the pvc, and worked really well..
Just a thought!!!

Just a thought...but if a heating blanket is all that is needed to soften up the pvc, wouldn't the pvc melt with the heat from the exhaust? or is there enough room? I just don't want you to melt your hard work.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustanggeek View Post
Just a thought...but if a heating blanket is all that is needed to soften up the pvc, wouldn't the pvc melt with the heat from the exhaust? or is there enough room? I just don't want you to melt your hard work.
It is not a heating blanket like the one you would use on your bed, it is desinged for pvc, We rented one from ABC rental for use at are cabin.
You just rap it around the piece you want to bend or oval, and when it gets pliable or soft, you take off the blanket , bend pvc, then cool with wet rag.. CAUTION! pvc will get hot..

There should be enough air through there to keep it from getting soft when mounted on bike..

And i would keep it an inch or 2 away from the exhaust if possible, But yes PVC WILL melt if touched to the exhaust manifold.. If you are woried about the pvc around that area you could make some sort of heat shield for that area as well, just to keep some air between the 2..
I have not tried this my self, I was just thinking...

Last edited by Dnspream; 05-05-2010 at 08:04 PM.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Rides all the time

I believe the pvc is more resistant to heat than the stock plastic.

I just want to know if 1.5" will flow enough air?

I do live in alaska and our weather is cooler than most so......that might help.

Inlet is 1.5" so I would suspect that an exhaust of same size would be ok.

Any one with experience running 1.5" clutch exhaust? Or good reasons why I can't.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnspream View Post
It is not a heating blanket like the one you would use on your bed, it is desinged for pvc, We rented one from ABC rental for use at are cabin.
You just rap it around the piece you want to bend or oval, and when it gets pliable or soft, you take off the blanket , bend pvc, then cool with wet rag.. CAUTION! pvc will get hot..

There should be enough air through there to keep it from getting soft when mounted on bike..

And i would keep it an inch or 2 away from the exhaust if possible, But yes PVC WILL melt if touched to the exhaust manifold.. If you are woried about the pvc around that area you could make some sort of heat shield for that area as well, just to keep some air between the 2..
I have not tried this my self, I was just thinking...
I made a pvc adapter to put a K&N filter on our Durango, couldn't figure out why the clamp kept coming loose until I popped the hood when the engine was warmed up and noticed the pvc was very soft. That was in line with direct airflow. Some pvc is more heat resistant though right?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddler28 View Post
Can I run 1.5" clutch exhaust pvc?

I lowered my seats and have been trying to re-pipe it.
I found a way but I need to use 1.5"

If I can use 1.5" can I use the whole run or should I go up in size asap.

The route I found comes out and 180* then 90* and a 45* b4 I can put in straight pipe.

Thanks for the help.
on my xtx 700 I'm running 1 1/2 pvc on the clutch intake and exhaust and 2 inch on my engine intake I've had it on for about 600 miles now no problems yet (haven't had it in any real hot weather though 65-70 max)
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 11:12 AM

I'm running 2" pvc snorkels on mine. What do you have to do with the small vent lines that come up behind the seats and fold over? Anything? What are they for? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

07 Prowler 650 H1 XT
3000lb. Warn winch
2" lift by Highlifter
30" Silverbacks on 14" SS112's
FMF Powercore exhaust
Dynatech CDI box
rejetted with Jets R Us OEM jets
stage 1&2 by ///AIRDAM
clocked secondary to B3
19 gram rollers (red)
2" snorkel by me
chrome skull shifter
LED tail lights in bed by me
fog lights
roof
custom doors by me
custom removable rear cage by me & friends
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Founding Member

I think if you fallow the lines they are fuel tank and carb hoses! You need to double check me though

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

SETH
TEAM PROWLER NATION
Sponsored Links
Advertisement