New Shoes for my Kitty - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
PX3

New Shoes for my Kitty

Well I when out and bought some new tires for my ride. Since we don't have a dessert to ride in I got me something a little more agresive for what we like to play in and that's mud,floating land, ceadar bog, swamp. I ordered them from precision power sports best price out there. 28 swamplites on ss312 rims. Now I have some clearence. I did rip a boot on the weekend and need to get it changed. I tried to get the nut off of the rear axle and it's like they welded the darn thing on. I had a racket with a long bar and me standing on it. It won't move. guess I am forced to take it to the dealer. If I break it then it's my fault if they break it then it's there fault.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6983.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	1234   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6984.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	1235   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6985.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1236   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6986.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	1237   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6990.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	1238  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Rides all the time

Nice tires....how do they work?
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 09:57 PM
Jounior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PX3 View Post
Well I when out and bought some new tires for my ride. Since we don't have a dessert to ride in I got me something a little more agresive for what we like to play in and that's mud,floating land, ceadar bog, swamp. I ordered them from precision power sports best price out there. 28 swamplites on ss312 rims. Now I have some clearence. I did rip a boot on the weekend and need to get it changed. I tried to get the nut off of the rear axle and it's like they welded the darn thing on. I had a racket with a long bar and me standing on it. It won't move. guess I am forced to take it to the dealer. If I break it then it's my fault if they break it then it's there fault.
Pretty sure the torque is over 200ft/lbs. You really gotta put some pressure on it. You do know there is a cotter pin?

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 11:16 PM
Founding Member

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 08:02 AM
Loyal Member

I'm getting a set of Pit Bull Rocker Ubers .. I hope this week
only one dealer in the 100 mile radius here/ Northern Idaho .. and they won't take a prepay sale , and sell through their inventory quick .. geeees order more for pete's sake .. AND will not call when they get them in

it was between them and Maxxis Big Horns .. we'll see if they are worth the high price they get for the Rockers.

also ordered new 350 lb springs for the rear to stop the damn sagging and add a lil more weight capasity for my fat azz LOL

name is Gary or hey you if ya forget

2009 Prowler XTZ , couple things added here and there
'83 CJ7 / SBC + whole lot added here and there
'01 Dodge / Cummins / Dually, a ton of stuff added here and there

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE NEWBIES ...
1. Bring in a good load of firewood for the pit
2. start the morning coffee , strong but not burnt / boiled down , IMPORTANT start it early as many of us old farts get up early !!
3. sit a spell and swap some lies with the best of us
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 10:40 AM
Jounior Member

I had a set of the swamp lites on my XTZ they are greal mud tires and great on hills not so great with rocks they do tend to puncture easily and they flat out suck on the highway they wear quickly on the black top so be warned. and those pit bull rockers are just plain mean ass tires if you have a set of bead locks you can get back to camp with 0 air in them due to that 8 ply sidewall but they will still puncture and go flat just not as flat.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
PX3

Yes I know there is a cotter pin. Did not fall off the turnip truck yesterday. I like them for what we do sand,mud,swamp,crawl. No hyways to run on where it is parked. Find it easier to steer than with the mudbug radials. Rides a little stiffer with out radials. Got my boot fixed at the dealer. Going to have to find a better impact than the one I have. i'm going to make myself some boot protectors when I get a minute. got a rzr I'm repairing from an accedent for a friend and next week got another prowler to lift so pretty busy to work on my own stuff. pretty soon the white stuff will be here and everything else I needed to do gets put on hold. Man my day jobs getting in the way of my personal life. lol
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Jounior Member

did you fit them on your stock machine?
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 10:00 PM

I'm sure they fit on the stock machine. I have the same tire and size and mine clears just fine. And PX3 your gonna love these tires. Down here in bama we have some pretty mean mud ourselves (when not in a drought like now) and these things do great. I've ridden mud, trails, hard pack, and rock. They've done great for me in all situations. Knock on wood, i've been pretty rough on mine and hadn't had one puncture yet. They may end up wearing quicker than i would like b/c of the softer rubber, but the softer rubber also makes them go better in the bad stuff.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

07 Prowler 650 H1 XT
3000lb. Warn winch
2" lift by Highlifter
30" Silverbacks on 14" SS112's
FMF Powercore exhaust
Dynatech CDI box
rejetted with Jets R Us OEM jets
stage 1&2 by ///AIRDAM
clocked secondary to B3
19 gram rollers (red)
2" snorkel by me
chrome skull shifter
LED tail lights in bed by me
fog lights
roof
custom doors by me
custom removable rear cage by me & friends
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Jounior Member

i will do normal trail ridding ,we dont have sand pits or desert but need agressive tires for hunting season,moose camp is hard to get there without stucking, in the winter we have lots of snow and to get to ride in federated trails they dont allow radial tires

thanks for the advice guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement