problem after work - Arctic Cat Prowler Forums: Prowler UTV Forum
Arctic Cat Prowler General Discussions General discussions pertaining to the Arctic Cat Prowler.

2Likes
  • 2 Post By Diesel Racer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

problem after work

I put a coolant heater in my prowler, easy peezy, took it out today and drove it to the elevator 1\4 mile away and when I stopped, it acted like the clutch wouldnt disengage, it was acting like it was stuck in gear,I suppose because the clutch was engaging and there was torque on the gear lever.why would this happen now, it had a lot of snow underneath when I brought it in yesterday, maybe something thawed and froze again, I dont know, what does this sound like,I know its happened to some of you vets, help me out,it was making a funny rattle too when it was idling in gear when I first stopped it, it wouldnt start in gear, just wanted to go with the starter,in neutral it would start but when I put it in gear, it would lurch forward and die. thanks

Prowler HDX,, lxc cab, tracks.led turn signals,2nd battery, dome and cab light,mud flaps, winch with 50ft synthetic rope.2 sets ear muffs,bush anchor,center floor 2gun rack,mirrors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 03:24 PM

Sounds like the 1-way bearing locked up. I'm sure RD will chime in soon
Fairmont79 and Firecat like this.

Tim

2010 A/C XTZ with some "Stuff" SOLD
But still here everyday to contribute to the cause
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 05:42 AM
Administrator

I agree on the one way bearing. Many have eliminated them. AC issued a bulletin to remove the bearing if the machine is to be used for plowing, pulling heavy loads, or carrying heavy loads. There is a slight decrease in engine braking. Just another 85 dollar part you don't need! LOL

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont79 View Post
I agree on the one way bearing. Many have eliminated them. AC issued a bulletin to remove the bearing if the machine is to be used for plowing, pulling heavy loads, or carrying heavy loads. There is a slight decrease in engine braking. Just another 85 dollar part you don't need! LOL
thanks alot for the replies guys, now where can I see where this thing is and remove it?

Prowler HDX,, lxc cab, tracks.led turn signals,2nd battery, dome and cab light,mud flaps, winch with 50ft synthetic rope.2 sets ear muffs,bush anchor,center floor 2gun rack,mirrors
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 12:20 PM

I watched youtube videos on how to take a AC clutch apart. Don't worry if the video is on a ATV the cover and what inside are the same. Also don't worry if it seems backwards. The motors on many models of prowlers are oriented different from the ATV's. i.e. backwards.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckslayr View Post
thanks alot for the replies guys, now where can I see where this thing is and remove it?
Check the frequently asked questions section. Look at the clutch removal post.

2009 700EFI XTX, , AC Winch, 2010 Dust Shield EPI Sport Utility Clutch Kit , Street Legal, Cage chopped 2 ", Aluminum Diamond Plate Trim, Relocated Factory Bladders with covers, 5 Pt. Harness installed, Bed Tiedown System, Scat Pro-Car Seats, Secondary Battery installed, Oil Pressure, Oil/CVT Temperature, Volt Meter & Water Temp Gauges installed with Dash Plate, Bighorns, ITP Black 212 Wheels. Tonneau cover. 750 Big Bore Kit, Web Cam, and Rocker Arms.

Either - Dick or RD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement